General Bunny Questions.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcfan23

Reaction score
1.) when i go to see my mini rex he runs back and forth in his cage, usually getting up on his back legs to stare at me then runs to the other side and repeats. And while he does this he make this buzzing sound. Is that teeth his grinding?

2.) My mini rex seems to like me. He rins around when he sees me, if i put my had my the cage or just at the top he comes up to smell and seems pretty interested but, he bites...hard. He bit me 3 times yesterday all drawing blood. I feel they were my fault. The first two i was stepping over a baby gate and he ran over and bit my foot 2 times then again when i reached in his cage with food. Is this just him being a little scared?

3.) mom put my male and female bunnies together (i didn't want to!) so now i may have some babies on the way. How far along does she need to be for me to be able to feel her and feel if shes pregnant (i want to get them both fixed as soon as possible). They were together on april 27th.

Hes probably biting you because hes hormonal.
I'd get her spayed asap and terminate the potential litter, but i'm a firm believer in proventing anymore unwanted litters.

1.) when i go to see my mini rex he runs back and forth in his cage, usually getting up on his back legs to stare at me then runs to the other side and repeats. And while he does this he make this buzzing sound. Is that teeth his grinding?

2.) My mini rex seems to like me. He rins around when he sees me, if i put my had my the cage or just at the top he comes up to smell and seems pretty interested but, he bites...hard. He bit me 3 times yesterday all drawing blood. I feel they were my fault. The first two i was stepping over a baby gate and he ran over and bit my foot 2 times then again when i reached in his cage with food. Is this just him being a little scared?

3.) mom put my male and female bunnies together (i didn't want to!) so now i may have some babies on the way. How far along does she need to be for me to be able to feel her and feel if shes pregnant (i want to get them both fixed as soon as possible). They were together on april 27th.

I'm not sure how bunnies make that buzzing noise but mine does the exact same thing. It's hormonal and the whole behaviour of running back and forth is also hormonal male mating/territorial behaviour. And the biting is also hormonal, I imagine he sees your feet and hands as invading male bunnies that he must drive out of his territory.

To palpate for babies you need to wait until the 12th, 13th, 14th day after, before that they are so small its too hard to feel them and after that you can actually hurt them. You need to watch some youtube videos to learn how to do it, and be very careful so you don't hurt your doe. I have small dwarf rabbits and I usually can't feel them until the 13th or 14th day and they feel like grapes. Also, make sure you keep her separate from your male while she is pregnant and raising the babies- very rare but females can get pregnant while pregnant.

Last edited:
Hi acdcfan23!
1 As far as that buzzing sound ,no it is not their teeth. I'm not sure what it is ,but I do know it is a positive sound. This sound means he wants something , in this case attention. On the other hand you will know when it is a tooth motion sound , because it will sound like it. ( if that makes sense). The first sound is called grunting and the second is called chuckling.These are both positive sounds.
2 When he is running around you that's a good sign , but the biting isn't .You must remember that rabbits are prey animals and don't like to be picked up or touched in certain places. This could mean he is scared or mad at you. Rabbits can get scared easy so don't try to force pet them or pick them up.
3 I'm not sure , but I would recommend a rabbit or exotic animal vet to check her out.

I hoped this helped you!
DIYbunny
graydutch.gif

i have never been good at palpating. if i were you i would just wait and be patient to see if she has kits. bad palpation can kill the kits.

Latest posts

Back