Are they bonding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilsey

Reaction score
I have 2 lovely buns. Both lop eared, male and desexed. Riddick View attachment 9949almost 2 1/2 years and Oreo View attachment 9950(yes, he likes to sleep on his poop) almost 1yr. They are in Separate hutches but very close so they can smell, see, eat and poop next to each other all the time. We have tried only 4-5 times letting them meet each other. There have been a little aggression shown, some nips then we have to separate them as they do try to fight. However, when we let them out (separately) in the garden for some major sprint and binky time, they spend a majority of their time sat next to each other. I know they are not fully bonded but this has got to mean they don't mind each other. It's only when they are together that they try and fight.
Long winded i know but any help or suggestions would be appreciated. View attachment 9947View attachment 9948

Hi!
So I just bonding my rabbits and I know kinda what you are going though. A lot of websites tell about bonding but not when they are bonded. You must keep in mind that 2 males aren't going to bond as fast as a female and a male. Always look for signs of grooming or cuddling. A good way to test their friend ship is to let them eat together. Try to bond them in a neutral area ( A place neither rabbit has been before, like a bathroom or in a pen outside) After a couple times in that space move to a bigger space or if they are doing well and no fighting you can try to semant them. ( this is when they share a cage together for 24 hours , it is kinda a test run of how well they do together. Make sure to watch them EVERY SECOND ) Also if a fight does break out , don't end the bonding section Doing that leads your rabbit to think the other is a danger and they could grow a fear of them.
Hope this helped you!
DIYbunny :):goodluck

Latest posts

Back