Looking to volunteer!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigi777

Reaction score
Anybody else live around the Bartlett, IL area that volunteers at a rabbit shelter? I'm looking to get involved and help out!

I have had rabbits before but only have one neutered male right now. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1387902105.204677.jpg

New to rabbits online as well :)

Hi & :welcome1 to RO!
Glad to have you join us! Sorry I can't help you with a shelter in your area to volunteer, hopefully one of our members in your area will be along soon & can help! Oh, & if you don't get many replies please remember it is Christmas & many members may be away from their computers visiting family & friends. The members here are very friendly & we have some awesome experienced members to help with questions if needed. We love to chat about our bunnies & absolutely love bunny pix!

Welcome! I'm looking into getting a foster bunny through the SPCA here, but unfortunately I'm nowhere near you.

There's a link around here somewhere that lists local shelters in the US. I don't know where you are in IL, but they might have some near you.

If they're far away, like Imbrium, you could possibly foster anyway. That would really just require a couple trips, provided the bun doesn't need a lot of vet care. They might even meet you half way. I'm sure Chicago has tons of shelters, which I'm told is like an hour away from you about.

I found the house rabbit society of Chicago is about 40 min away so hopefully that works out! I sent an email. So if anyone who is involved with them sees this let me know!

Latest posts

Back