Recomendations for a Place to neuter my Bunny in NW Chicago?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulhilgeman

Reaction score
Iwould like to get our bunny neutered, I just called a place and they said $240.00, which seems a bit steep to me.

Are there any recomeded places in the Nortwest Chicago area?

Thanks!!!

Paul and Kim

Don't know the area but be sure to check with thelocal humane society and similar organizations there. Oftenyou can get considerable discounts through them and/or they may be ableto suggest a vet that can do the operation.

Cheryl

Do a search for the House Rabbit Societywebsite. They have a list of recommended veterinariansthroughout the United States. There is most likely a chapterin your area.

Pam

Hey im in a north west suburb of Chicago. I calleda place in Hanover Park its called ambassador clinic they quoted me at$83.00 that just may be for the procedure its self. Does anyone know ifyour bun has to spend the night after there surgery? I have been quotedfrom $165 and down.... If you find a less expensive place could you letme know also?? And yes these are vets that have experiance w/ bunnies

oh yeah i have a lil boy bunny...and ijust called em back its 83 for just the operation w/ out a nights staythey said they usally can home the same day as long as allgoes well. They will call me back w/ a quote of a price i am also gonnalook into the other posts for some place cheaper :)

In most cases, the surgery (neutering) is done in the morning and the boys can go home in the afternoon :)

Pam

SIGH!!! Can someone explaine to me when there bungot fixed???! I called a place they said after he gets fixed they liketo put him on fluids another place told me there was no need to put himon fluids unless a problem came up. They told me they would send mehome with a rx after his surgery to make him more comfortable.:(HELP me please im at a total lost just the thought ofhaving him fixed makes me wanna cry:(but i know it has to be done

When my buns got altered they all went in in themorning and as soon as they woke up I brought them home. I even got towatch once. They were never given fluids by the vet. Big BUn did havethem fed to her by syringe when I got her home as she did not drink forhours. My vet likes to make it as quick and painless as possible. Ihave pain meds but rarely had to use it. My were awake till I got themhome in their own space. I did have one who was sore and did not hopinto his litter box. My first one was a trama to me but sinceI have been going to Bonnie or DR DRagon I have no problems

My little Trampers just had his surgery a weekago. Dropped him off in the morning and they did the surgeryright away. I called them back at 3pm to find out how thingswent and they said he was already hopping around some in his littlecage. They did ask to keep him overnight just for observationbut they did not charge me extra for it. That is one thing Ilove about this vet, they never change the price after their quote,even if they decide to do more for the animal. When my dogswent in for some work they sent home some meds with them but didn'tcharge and same for my bunny! Very impressive these days wheneveryone seems to be looking for a way to price gouge others!Anyhow... he was/is fine and hopping around just like normal now a weeklater and they never put him on fluids or meds at all.

Cheryl

NJ shore area..... $200.00 to $300.00 percastration or spaying! We got our last spay donefor $80.00 under the auspices of a local animal welfare organizationcalled Animal Birth Control, Inc. Only caveat isone must use their contracted veterinarian's office, whichcoincidentally happens to be our own vet of choice. A win-winfor us!

Some SPCA's, animal rescue centers, animal control departments willneuter your pets for no fee at all. Pays to investigate localresources if your are short of cash. Most good pet ownersrecognize it is the proper thing to do for their animals.

It appears to me that a lot of pricing for this surgery depends uponwhat traffic will bear in your area. Most other parts of thecountry I've read about to not charge as exorbitant fees, exceptCalifornia, perhaps.

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
NJ shore area..... $200.00 to $300.00 per castration orspaying!? ?We got our last spay done for $80.00 under the auspices of alocal animal welfare organization called Animal Birth Control, Inc.??Only caveat is one must use their contracted veterinarian's office,which coincidentally happens to be our own vet of choice.? A win-winfor us!

Some SPCA's, animal rescue centers, animal control departments willneuter your pets for no fee at all.? Pays to investigate localresources if your are short of cash.? Most good pet owners recognize itis the proper thing to do for their animals.

It appears to me that a lot of pricing for this surgery depends uponwhat traffic will bear in your area.? Most other parts of the countryI've read about to not charge as exorbitant fees, except California,perhaps.

Buck

*Bump* for timmy toad.

-Carolyn

Spaying and nuetering can be very costly butChuck only got neutered for 56$ and i took him home the same day. Ithought that was a great price.

Latest posts

Back