The Poop that they are supposed to eat....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foofoosmom1

Reaction score
I recently noticed that my Sweetie Pie has notbeen eating the poops that she's supposed to eat...you know the shinnyones that are balled up together. (I'm sorry, I don't knowthe name of them). Is this something that I should beconcerned with?

How do you know she is not eating them?If she successfully eats them, there would be no evidence of theirexistence. If you are finding them on the wire, shecould be "over-producing" cecotropes due to a diet too rich inprotein(alfalfa) and/or too many fruits and vegetables. Isshe is too chubby, she may not be able to "reach" them properly inorder to ingest them. If that is the case, a diet may be inorder.

Buck

Hi Buck. Her diet only consists ofpellets, parsely and Timothy hay and fresh water. She's notoverweight. I just recently noticed that I am cleaning upmore of these than usual on the wire cage. Strange, right?

Sometimes too rich a pellet(more than 16%protein)can lead up to the condition you are describing, particularlyas a bun reaches maturity, is no longer growing, nor reproducing, and,therefore, does not need the extra energy. Just something tolook at, as I do tend to subscribe to the principle, "It it'snot broke[sic]. don't fix it." In your case though, it seemsomething(s) has(have) changed.

Buck

Latest posts

Back