Annabel: Life as a Diva

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Raspberry, I love that pic myself :)

Michelle, thank you for your message. :hug:It was a rough night, I haven't slept. Things aren't working out with Baloo and this morning Anna smells horrible. But later today I will take her condo down. I feel bad because she'll have less space, but I will test it out and see if it helps at all. I'll be e-mailing you. :)

Hey Tracy, yeah the pellet is a problem. I have looked and haven't been able to find. I could order Oxbow online but it got quite expensive with the shipping and then it's the fact that we have to put it on credit card and well I can't put it on mine for now unfortunately. The only pellet available is the Hagen pellet which Annabel hates with passion and the Wal-Mart kinds. I hate that they sell so many rabbits but don't sell proper food arghhhhhhhhhhhh :rant:

Anywho, today is supposed to be mild out, I was wondering if I should take Annabel out to play in the snow... It would be her first time :)We shall see how the weather is!:bunny19

I can understand your pellet frustrations as I have the same issues. We have the colourful rabbit 'musli' stuff mainly, then there are your 3 choices of breeders feeds. All lucerne (alfalfa) based, all with much more protein than fibre. For example the one Sakura is on has 9% fibre and 16% protein! Because of this she only gets a very teeny weeny amount and mostly eats hay and grass and vegetables.

I've emailed back and forth with oxbow a few times about getting their timothy pellets on NZ but they say "that's not a viable option at this stage, too expensive" bla bla bla.

I thought you might have had a rough night :hug1, and I'll be looking out for that email. OH and I see where you said the reply button is now, stupid me haha!

Annabel in the snow would look so cute, you'd only be able to spot her by her gingery bits and her pretty eyes.

Do you have Global Pet stores in Quebec? That's where I buyOxbow pelletsfrom. The owner is going to order me a 50 pound bag for $70.00 I know way more that in the States but I will save quite a bit, I usually pay over $20.00+ for 10 pounds.

Or have you looked into buying the Oxbow from a Vets office, our Vet does sell them but a little higher cost. But you only have the one bunny we have 6.

Susan:)

PS

Looking forward to many more pictures of that little beauty.

A few days before Christmas, I had an attack bad enough that anyone with half a head on their shoulders would have called an ambulance to deal with. I knew they'd keep me and, with last year's Christmas ruined, I certainly hadn't wanted to spend this one in the hospital. So I dealt, stupidly enough. However, I knew it was over at that point. When you stop breathing completely even if it's just for seconds, you don't ask yourself again what more can you do. There's nothing to be done at this point.Annabel had to go asap. Unable to take Annabel anywhere, I struggled with my asthma while we (the spca and myself) tried to find a new home for her. I've had attack over attack since and on Sunday they finally sent an emergency transport to pick her up. I have to go to the ER now for some heavy treatments to deal with my asthma.

I never even got to say a proper goodbye. :sad:So that's how it ended. I've lost them all, one by one and I end up at the hospital anyway.

Anyway, if ever I am lucky enough to get updates on her, i will post them here. My friends at the SPCA are looking over her and the woman handling her adoption is great -she knows exactly how it feels to struggle with allergies and asthma when you love your pets so much. I was lucky to have met her and to have had so much help for my buns. I know they are safe.

I just wanted you to know.

I'm so sorry it ended like this.

I'm here if you need to talk.

x

I'm so sorry, Sophie... I can't imagine what it's like to have Annabel taken away. Please focus on getting better now, you'll be stuck with those lungs for a long time :(

Annabel was adopted by a veterinary assitant on Saturday. The woman has children, 2 cats and a dog but they all love animals and are gentle. Annabel has a large cage and lots of free-time. She has settled in well and has enjoyed flopping and allowing the family to cuddle her as much as they want. The visual of her being cuddled as she so deserves brings warmth to my heart and though the tears still flow, I know in the end, this is a good thing for her. I am in contact with the new family, and I will ask the owner for their adress in the future so that I can send her things occasionally. I adore her, and in my heart, she will always be mine.

Of course Annabel will always be yours. I'm glad she got adopted so quickly! She's so cute and sweet that anyone would love her. Will her new owners be sending you pictures? If they do, please post them here, I miss seeing new Anna pictures already. Her new family had better be nice to her or I'll fly out there myself and take her back.

So sorry you couldn't keep Annabel, but I'm glad she found a nice home even though she would have preferred staying with you if it didn't make you so sick.

Thanks Shiloh. The woman hadn't gone there for a bunny at all but of course Annabel swept her right off her feet as usual. I see Anna hasn't lost her knack :)I'm happy that she wasn't too depressed or anything,I was really concerned about that. Right now I haven't asked the new owner for anything. I only told her about her habits, interests, etc. I didn't want to sound like I would always be bothering so I was careful not to sound "clingy" so I wouldn't push her away. I offered her to share my pictures with her if she wanted to see them so we will see from there. I'm hoping all will go well and that she will stay in touch with me without me having to bug her.

Latest posts

Back