One more summer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werecatrising

Reaction score
I still remember the day I brought Luna home. I had been asking my parents for another rabbit, but they had just suffered an especially hard loss and weren't quite ready yet. I was at the feed store on the day before Easter, about 10 years ago. There was a tiny black bunny sitting in the cage. She was labeled as a dwarf, but I could tell by the ears, she wasn't. She was just young and tiny. There was an obnoxious, unruly bunch of kids begging their mom for the "easter bunny". I knew then I had to take her. I picked her up out of the cage and brought her up front.

Once my parents saw her there was no way they could be upset. She was so tiny, fit in one hand. We had had rabbits before, but she was the first that was MINE. She inspired me to research and learn all the things bunnies needed. I eventually got her two mates, Button an Cleo. Luna was quite an onery one. She quickly earned the nick names "Luna Monster" or "Looney Luna". She has drawn blood on more than one occasion. I couldn't love a creature more. Her feisty spirit is what makes her, her.

A few months ago Luna developed a mass in her abdomen. Given her age and the rapid rate at which it was growing, I decided it was best not to put her through surgery to remove it. I will always question whether or not that was the right decision. I just don't think she would have made it through.

Right now I just wish I could have one more summer with her. Another season to enjoy the sunny weather and work in the giant bunny garden. Of course, any time I get to spend with her is precious, but I've always thought summer was the most enjoyable for her. I can't believe or time together is coming to it's end. I know nothing lives forever, but I would give anything for one more summer.
kiki080.jpg

aww im so sorry she was an absolutly gorgeous bun, and im sure your family misses her greatly, atleast you did what was best for her though :pray::in tears:

Latest posts

Back