Spraying rabbit??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnoccibun

Reaction score
Hi there, my girl is nearly 6 1/2 months old and she is booked in to get neutered in a fortnight. I'm worried that she may be spraying urine now that she is older than 6 months... How can you tell if a rabbit is spraying? She spends most of the day under my bed and I'm worried that she's peeing/spraying under there. Would I be able to smell it if she were? I've never actually seen her do it but am unsure if it's happening without me realising! Please help!

If she was spraying urine in places where it's not being cleaned up, you would definitely be able to smell it. Does she return to her litter tray to use it consistently? If so, I wouldn't worry. In the case of rabbits that aren't yet spayed or neutered, males are more likely to spray than females, and not all male rabbits that reach maturity will spray, some never do. As females are less likely to spray, and you haven't seen it happen, I don't think it's happening. Often when pet rabbits spray, they often spray their humans as a way to mark them with their scent. I don't think there's any way you wouldn't have smelled it if it was happening and not being cleaned up.

Latest posts

Back