Bunny not drinking from bottle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbieckm

Reaction score
My bunny in question is coming up for 4 years and has used the bottle just fine but today he seems to be turning his nose up at it. I know that he ought to be thirsty because he has been confined to his enclosed part of his hutch while the weather was bad but obviously he isn't drinking today. I'm not sure if he drank or is drinking when I'm not with him. His partner is eating and drinking just fine but this one is not. What should I do?

Debbie, has anything changed with his water? Where you get it, etc. Is the bottle clean or did you clean it recently with a different detergent?
You can try getting him to drink from a syringe, and maybe with a bit of apple juice in it. Also try a bowl of water in addition to the bottle, but you'll need to keep a close eye on him as far as making sure he gets enough fluid. You can give him romaine or celery and rinse it but don't dry, so he gets some fluid that way also.

not drinking!!!

not good.
Bad weather could have stressed him and it's affecting his gut.

Get some electrolyte solution into him and get him drinking ASAP.

not drinking!!!

not good.
Bad weather could have stressed him and it's affecting his gut.

Get some electrolyte solution into him and get him drinking ASAP.

The weather here has been pretty terrible recently. Another storm if I've heard correctly. A little water has since left his bottle but I don't know if it was him or his partner that drank it.

Debbie, has anything changed with his water? Where you get it, etc. Is the bottle clean or did you clean it recently with a different detergent?
You can try getting him to drink from a syringe, and maybe with a bit of apple juice in it. Also try a bowl of water in addition to the bottle, but you'll need to keep a close eye on him as far as making sure he gets enough fluid. You can give him romaine or celery and rinse it but don't dry, so he gets some fluid that way also.

The bottle was cleaned recently not sure if it was a different detergent or not, I never looked at the labels.
would a bit of apple juice in the water make him more inclined to drink it? I did try him with a bowl earlier but because it used to be the dogs I don't think he wanted it. I'll try and get him some celery since I know he likes that. He has gotten strawberries and bananas recently...

Latest posts

Back