Selective hay water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strax

Reaction score
One of my buns has decided she ONLY wants to eat Orchard Grass. What I usually do is put Timothy hay in their litter boxes on top of the litter, then put orchard Grass in a pile in the corner of their boxes to eat (they are weirdos and will only eat hay if it's in their boxes)
Usually once they are done their pile of orchard grass, they will nom on the Timothy hay until I refresh them.

BUT! I don't know if there is a supply shortage, but I am having a super hard time finding orchard grass at any of our pet stores here in town!! So now she is being a grump and refuses to eat the Timothy.

Any suggestions on how to get her to eat the Timothy? I've tried hiding her pellets in the hay to trick her into eating her way to the pellets, but the little turkey is a FABULOUS digger haha!

Depending on where you live, you can sometimes order hay online, or if you have any fodder or tractor supply stores near you you could probably find orchard grass hay there. Rabbits often can not be persuaded to eat hay types that they don't like.

Latest posts

Back