Just a Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaRabbit

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just happened to stumble on to your site/forum because we recentlyacquired a rabbit (approx 2 mos and a little more perhapsold). I was just curious if anyone could identify herbreed. People keep asking us what breedshe is andwe are pathetically unable toanswerthem.Here is a pic of herchecking outthe site. :)

Thanks!

FYI... Her eyes are brown and not red, that is the work of the flash.

jess.jpg
her

I don't really know much about rabbits. I can tellyou it's not a lop ear bunny.... Honestly I'm not sure what my ownis... She's a dwarf something...but who knows lol. Yours looks a littlebigger than mine, especially the ears. I'm sure someone will be able tohelp you though! Don't worry! I hope someone an answer my bunny poopquestion aswell lol. Good Luck!!

Ours poops everywhere too, I think that just comeswith the territory! We managed to get her to pee in the boxbasically but she still does the rest of her businesselsewhere.

It's just that she never used to poop so much, nowsuddenly she poops like a race horse! in her cage, out of thecage....it's just annoying to clean up sometimes cuz as soon as you do,and let her out again its like she's been out for a week orsomething...:(But maybe she is okay....I'm gonna put her backon the food she's always been on and see if she goes back to normal! :)How'd you post a pic of your bunny?

If you have a way to host the image, like web spaceyou can just use the image code that they have here. Also youcan use the button up above the message area when you are typing apost, that is for posting images. I think the image code is
after your link.

I am new to the whole rabbit thing but generally making changes withany animal's food very quickly can lead to changes that arentnecessarily good, so maybe gradually making the change or leavingthings as they were might help. It sounds like a messysituation. If ours increased her "output" we would beswimming in it! :D

No I don't have a hosting space to post pics, butthat's okay! lol I'll try to get a pic of her later. So I guess mybunny's "output" as you called it, is pretty much normal then? Doesyour bunny flop!! lol I don't know how else to say it, but she doesbasically, just fall over (flop) on her side and roll on her back. Thenshe falls asleep... she also starts running around out of no where,kicking up her back legs and hopping like a foot in the air, it'shilarious to watch...hope that's normal too. seems like she's playingwith herself or practicing for war or something lol. I got her tofollow my hands, so she can fetch and stand on her hind legs oncommand. And she knows how to stand up and give "kisses". But canrabbits hear? she doesn't respond to voices. My brother's a drummer somaybe she got so used to hearing the loud noise that she just blocksout everything? Who knows! anyway....too many questions....lol

Hi JessicaRabbit,

Congratulations on your new addition! She's really beautiful. PamNock,a member here, will know for sure what type of rabbit you've got there.She looks like a Polish to me, but I'd wait until you get the word fromPamNock before you put my guess 'in the bank'.

She's really cute!

-Carolyn

I think you can feel pretty confident in telling people that she's a small mixed breed : )

Her color is siamese sable. It's likely there's someNetherland Dwarf in her background and possibly Dutch, which may be thegene responsible for the white spot on her nose. The Vienna(blue eyed white gene) carried recessively can also cause the whitespots like you rabbit has.

Pamela Nock ~ ARBA Registrar

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

You couldn't make her again if ya tried! She's a Beauty!

Hi Jessica and Michelle,

Bear with me, I'm trying to figure out how to get Tucks as my Avatarand I'm having a heck of a time. I've got his picture inPhotobucket under all three images, but can't seem to make ithappen. Wooo Hooo!! I just saw his picture, butit's HUGE! How can I get it as an Avatar?

Close your eyes, Ladies, you're about to see the most handsome bunny in the world. ;)

-Carolyn

Canada.gif

Awww, well isn't he CUTE!!! I love his darkcoloring. He can be the handsomeist lol while mine can be the mostprecious lol (cuz they're boy and girl seems fair right?) haha I'm justplaying :) All bunnies are cute!!

Hi MyBunnyLovesMe,

*laughs*

I knew I'd get your attention when I said that!

Your girl would melt over my lil Tucker-Bucker. as he would withher!! He's Milk Chocolate colored and I'm sure PamNock wouldrate him 110 on a scale of 1-100 if she was ever to judge him.

-Carolyn

lol yeah I'm sure they'd love eachother :) Mybunny's in love with my best friend's bun, his name is Tyson, he's socute, but he's so much bigger than her, and for some reason she kepttrying to get under him lol I don't know why, then shestarted to chase him. She's my weird lil girl.

As for her coloring...she used to be all brown, then her ears and facewent this blue-ish grey-ish color. Then she had a brown stripe doingdown her back (I called it her racing stripe) now she's just brown andgrey as you can see from the pictures! :) And her little tail is allwhite!! So she's a real "Peter Cottontail" !! :)

I love your stories about her,MyBunnyLovesMe. The two of you have a really coolrelationship. She's obviously crazy in love with you.

And I'm crazy in love with her!!! Where'd you get your bunny's picture taken? Or is it not a professional one?

Thanks MyBunnyLovesMe! I took his pictureand used it as an Easter Card the first year I had gottenhim.

Latest posts

Back