unisex names

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynnnora2

Reaction score
Could you all give me some ideas for unisex names? Been looking all over the internet but cant decide.
Lynnnora2

Any name which isn't a human name would be inherently unisex, I'd think, not to mention some human names like "Fran" or "Joe" or "Pat", which would work fine for a rabbit (there's a book called "Pat the bunny", isn't there?).

My first rabbit was named Scone MacBunny - his first name could have been either a biscuit or the place where Scottish kings were crowned, but wasn't inherently one gender or the other. Any food or plant name would be unisex - Carrot, Parsley, Twig, Leaf, Hay, Clover, Hazel (usually a woman's name for humans, but Hazel the main character in Watership Down was male), Maple, etc. The same would be true of most place names - London, Montana, and so on.

Some of the common rabbit names are not gender specific - Thumper, Ears, Easter, Cadbury, Binky, among others.

You could also look at nationality - I'm drawn to Scottish names for some reason, maybe because of Scone, so what about Lugs (Scottish for "ears"), or Rabbit Bunns ("Rabbie" for short). Scone is a place name in Scotland, so is Fife, Stirling, Falkirk, Blair (Atholl, amongst others), Islay, Skye, Arran, Iona - any of those would be a good name. If Ireland interests you, what about places like Mayo, Tara, Wicklow, Kinsale, Dublin (I kind of like Dublin O'Bunny as a name), Galway, even Dingle? There's always Pat O'Bunny, or Bunny McRabbit, or even Lag O'Morph...

I love all those names, you´re so inventive. I was laughing at Lag O´Morph, the Irish bunny..it had me in stitches.

Latest posts

Back