Identify new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeyla64

Reaction score
Hello all

I am a new bunny mommy and when I posted in the introduction forum someone suggested I post my bunnys pics here. I was told that she was a holland lop but it seems I may be wrong:shock:...

I am a first time bunny mommy and have read quite a bit on them but still a newbie :(

A little about us... My name is Jo, and my Bun's name is Bunny Foo Foo. I live in Lake City Florida. My coworker bought the Bun at a flea market and was told was a mini lop (american for holland). She had her for about 2 1/2 months and potty trained her. She got a dog and the dog did not like the bun so she wanted the bun to go to a good home and have a loving mom. I did some research and took my baby bun girl home...

She is wonderful and so happy!!! She is very sweet and loves to be petted... Follows me everywhere and does the bunny 500 and hops all over!!! She has been with me for three nights now and I was confident enough in letting her have the run of the house all night. She slept under the bed and was out and following me around when I got up. I never realized how sweet and loving a pet rabbit could be.

Anywho if anyone can help me identify what breed she is it would be great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!:biggrin2:

Thank you from Jo and Foo Foo:inlove:

I did a comparison so you could see her size, and according to the person I got her from she is 4 months old

foofoo001.jpg

this one is just because she is so darn cute :hearts:

foofoo002.jpg

Bunny Foo Foo is adorable. Congratulations on your new girly! Although the UK mini lop is equivalent to our holland lop, the US also has a mini lop. And, contrary to popular belief, the mini lop is larger than the holland lop. From the pictures you've posted, I'd guess that she is in fact a mini lop - though, in all honesty, I am not an expert.

I'm sure someone with more information and experience will come around to help you out. But I couldn't resist posting and letting you know that she's a cutie patootie!

My boy friend has a scale at his house, I am planning on taking foo foo to his house for the weekend so I will weight her.

She feels like she is about 3 -4pds but I will know for sure this weekend.

Thank you for your responses, I am very happy I found this forum!!!

It will be nice to talk to other bunny lovers!!!!

hey, i'm in florida too(about 30 minutes north of orlando)! she looks like a mini lop to me. and look at that beautiful chinchilla(chin)coloring! she's a beauty for sure!

"My coworker bought the Bun at a flea market and was told was a mini lop (american for holland)."

There's a difference between Holland Lops and Mini Lops, even in America. A mini lop is bigger than a Holland Lop. They're two different breeds. So, depending on the weight your boy could actually be a Holland Lop, or a Mini Lop.

Once you've weighed him it'll be easier to tell.

she is beautiful! i would say from her size and that she's only 4mo old and 4lbs that she's probably a minilop. but there are hybrids of the breed too--my muffin is supposed to be a holland, but she's a little on the heavy side (not because of those treats, of course ;)) and her ears don't completely lop, so she's probably a mix of holland and something. just from her shape (stockier than most hollands) i'd say mini. it's hard to tell, and the best way to tell is adult weight.

adorable, though!

Foo Foo! Thats so cute, although made me laugh. I gues 'foo foo' means a totally different thing in the US!

No help on what she is but she is cute! I love her colouring.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

LOL Foo Foo comes from a song we sing here. Little bunny Foo Foo hopping through the forest scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head LOL

So My little girl is Bunny Foo Foo

"Little Bunny Foo Foo" is a song kids sing here...

"Little bunny Foo Foo, hopin' through the forest, scoopin' up the field mice and boppin' them on the head!"

aeyla64 wrote:
LOL Foo Foo comes from a song we sing here. Little bunny Foo Foo hopping through the forest scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head LOL

So My little girl is Bunny Foo Foo
Let me just say that the use of 'foo foo' in the UK probably orginates from the word 'fanny'... but then remember, 'fanny' means an entirely different thing to the American meaning! You getting there? :p

She is adorable though!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Some here use the work "fanny" not for your back end LOL so yes I get your reference. Of course the name came from the song... You should here the whole thing it is very funny....

Ok weighted my baby... she is 2pds 11oz. at 4 months old. Does that help?????

they are at full grown at 6 months??? will she get over 4 pds???? mini's are between 5 and 7 pds. and hollands are between 3-4 pds right?????

Latest posts

Back