Blood in pee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meganc731

Reaction score
I just saw this in our new bunny's cage, is thisblood in her pee? There are two or three spots just like this, Iexamined her feet and bottom and didn't see any wounds. She's mostlybeen eating hay.

Megan

She may have a urinary tract infection orsomething's up with her kidneys. It does look like blood, butit's a bit hard to tell from this picture.

You might want to make an apt. with the vet sooner rather than later and get her diagnosed and on some medication.

-Carolyn

I agree Carolyn. I am the type to be on the safe side rather than the sorry one.

Those things listed are of course possible, but I wouldn't like seeingblood either... and it's sort of random coloring from what the pictureshows.

On a side note: Is it me, or are we all looking at pictures of bunnypee? and we are very happy to do so! LOL! Only onthe bunny forum! :)

Hey guys, sorry my original message was so short,I was just walking out the door to pick up my son. There's actually 3different spots there, 2 from last night and then this new one. I tooka white tissue and blotted up some of the wet area from her litter panand the two spots and it showed up orange. I'm going to cover her cagewith something white so I can see the color better. I posted this in myfirst post about her, but she is a picky eater, her previous owner hadbeen mixing treats into her food, she would pick out the treats firstand then eat the pellets. I bought her some treats that had a lot ofcarrots. She ate some of those (only the carrots) yesterday and the daybefore, hardly any pellets and the rest has been timothy hay. I'mpretty sure this is the cause. I'll get back to you after I can tellfor sure if it's orange or red.

Megan

It does sound like a little harmless red "orange"urine. If you have doubts, put white paper under the peearea. If there is blood in the urine, youwould beable to see clotted strands of blood.

Pam

Sorry for the false alarm everyone, I saw that onher carpet and I panicked, I did think of the carrots, but it looked sored, it wasn't until I saw the picture I posted that made me think,maybe the purple rug is distorting the color. It turned out to be justorange. Boy am I releived.

Megan

You know, I think we are all a bit nervous whenit comes to our babies. They have such sensitive littlebodies and we so love them, we don't want anything to go wrong.

We're told to check their ears, check their butts, check their poo,listen for tummy sounds, don't feed this and feed that...... (which isall very important; I'm not saying it isn't)...... that if we seesomething odd, or different it does give us a bit of concern.

Glad your baby is ok :)

Latest posts

Back