Firefighters save pet rabbits in La Porte County blaze

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
Posted: 6:03 PM Jan 2, 2013

Firefighters save pet rabbits in La Porte County blaze

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/Firefighters-save-pet-rabbits-in-La-Porte-County-blaze-185485652.html

Three La Porte County fire departments were dispatched to a house fire late Wednesday morning.
Reporter: Kevin Lewis
Email Address: [email protected]

Three La Porte County fire departments were dispatched to a house fire late Wednesday morning.
Shortly after 11 a.m. CST, 911 operators received the first emergency call reporting the blaze on Severe Rd., just east of County Road 100 West.
According to NewsCenter 16 viewer Mike Kellems, the fire started in the home's attached two-car garage before quickly spreading to the rest of the ranch style house.
Luckily the family escape uninjured, but wasn't able to grab its two pet rabbits. Kellems says an off-duty La Porte County deputy ran into the home and rescued both rabbits before fire crews arrived. Both pets are doing well.
Roughly 30 minutes after the fire broke-out, crews from Center, Springfield and Kankakee Township extinguished the flames.

I imagine the rabbits weren't free-range or they couldn't have been caught & saved.

That is a great story. My husband taught Julie to come running to him when he whistles. He whistles when she is off somewhere then gives her a treat when she comes. She will come at a hundred miles an hour where ever she is even if sound asleep. She is really into food but I think that you can do this with any rabbit.

Latest posts

Back