NIC Cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
I have a quesion on the NIC cages you make out of the cubes. How come you have to use the cable ties?. Why cant you use the things that come with it to put it together? Is it because I bunny will chew on it? Also can you use black. I found 40 pieces on Craigs list for $15!! Thanks Mindy

Doesn't matter what colour you use, if I hadnt found some on craigslist, i would have been ordering pink and purple from walmart.

I have my nic cage set up with the connector peices. Once set up its really stable, but ALOT of swearing was involved in getting everything to line up and clip in properly, then id try and clip in another peice and something else would come out... In my situation, just zap straps wouldnt work. I would personally recomend a combonation of the connectors and zap strapping it together so they dont pop out of place, just a bit sturdyer :) But thats just me

I have used the connectors and they are a huge pain in the butt to do. Getting the grids tight in them involves pliers to hold it in place while you hammer the connector on. Doing this for the dozens of connectors needed for a cage and it gets annoying. I also find that they don't always line up right. Also, if you want to change anything or need to fix something, you need to take off the connectors then try to get them back on again. Due to the spacing that the connectors add, you do need to make sure you take it into account when measuring for the coroplast (or whatever you use for the bottom).
Zip ties are much easier for me. It can take a bit longer to get the structure to the point where it an stand up easier and it is a bit harder to add to the height if the cage is already built. Zip ties also make it easy to make a pen as you can just fold it up when you are done.

I have a cage that is 2X3X4 made with the connectors and one that is 2X4X5 that is made with the zip ties. I don't find one to be any sturdier than the other.

If you do use the connectors, you should still use some zip ties to make sure it is safe.

I've used the connectors but personally I find zip ties a lot more secure, and you can use them to make hinges which you can't do with connectors.

Latest posts

Back