Hide out or no Hideout

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
So I was wondering if I should put a hideout in the cage at first so the bunny has a place to go if scared. But the breeder said sometimes when you do that they wont bond with you and just hideout. What do you think?

All of my bunnies have plastic igloos. Cardboard hidey boxes work just as well. Rabbits are prey animals, so they feel safer if they have a hidey place to sleep and rest.

Probably a good idea to offer one. That being said, my bun never used it and I eventually took it out cause she was always pushing at it like it was in her way.

Both of my rabbits were offered two level cages and so the bottom level was already something of a hideout but I still offered them another cardboard, wooden or plastic box within their cages where they often spent time. I think it makes them feel more secure.
I think it's important to give them somewhere as a safe place they can go when they hear a scary noise or something like that. They are burrowing prey animals after all.
When the bun feels confident, he/she'll be curious enough to come to you.

Latest posts

Back