X/Play Pen Flooring?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parablank

Reaction score
I definitely know that I'm going to use this as my play pen, but I'm still working out about what flooring I'm use. Suggestions?

Also, are the supplies like feeders and water bottles at Petsmart of good quality and safe?

Thanks. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Secondary question so there aren't multiple topics about flooring... How would something like this work?
1467_small.jpg

I just remembered I have like 8 of them in the trunk of my car. As long as any edges aren't exposed I don't think he'd be able to nom it that much.... Thoughts?

MarisaAndToby wrote:
Secondary question so there aren't multiple topics about flooring... How would something like this work?
1467_small.jpg

I just remembered I have like 8 of them in the trunk of my car. As long as any edges aren't exposed I don't think he'd be able to nom it that much.... Thoughts?
It really depends on the rabbit. I have these mats in Lillian's pen and she will go at the seams if they pop up a bit, she has also tried for the middle. I have used duct tape on the spots she goes for and it works to stop her. The edges are a problem, so either use the edges or just cut the edges off. There are rabbits that will completely leave them alone and other who will completely destroy them, so you just have to try and take them out if there is a problem. You can try covering them with a blanket or something too.
They are good for most x-pens though as they cover the same space.

Perfect! Thank you :) I figured out the measurements for a new NIC cage I was planning and they fit pretty nicely in there too. Good to know!

Alternatively to foam mats Parablank I've heard plywood, linoleum floor scraps, or cloroplast all work well (though maybe not as much grip so you'd need other things in there as well, especially for cloroplast)

Latest posts

Back