What is wrong with my bunny? List of bunny behavior issues!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug101

Reaction score
Grunting/growling: This means your rabbit is in a bad mood and would like to be left alone for a while. Keep your distance!

Biting or clawing: This may mean that you have been holding bunny for too long and he/she desperately needs the bathroom, or they are showing signs of aggression and further research is required.

Squealing: If you hear your rabbit screaming, or squealing, rush to help, as this most likely means your rabbit in great danger or pain. Rabbits only squeal in the case of what they think is an emergency, so you must come to your rabbit's aid immediately.

Teeth grinding: This often means that your bunny is in pain, but some rabbits grind thier teeth when nervous or content.

Whimpering: Does whimper when they are pregnant and would like to be away from other rabbits, and would not like to be handled.

Licking: If you have been licked by any rabbit, he is giving you a kiss, or likes the salty taste on your hands.

Stomping: If your rabbit stomps his foot on the ground, there can be several reasons for this behavior, such as aggression, hunger, boredom, nervousness ect. However there is nothing to worry about when your bunny stomps, but if you are concerned, do some further research.

Feel free to add to the list, or if you are concerned about any behavior issues which I have not included, you can ask below.

Cali makes a soft grunting noise when I am putting her supper in front of her sometimes. She sometimes thumps when I am cooking something that doesn't smell good to her (usually some kind of meat dish). Also I have had a rabbit that whined and thumped when he was frustrated (when I would not let him mount during bonding). Sometimes he would make a buzzing sound when feeling amorous (even though he was neutered).

Latest posts

Back