Eating her droppings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pani

Bunny servant Lotte
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not really a concern, more that we're just curious. For a while now we've noticed that Delilah occasionally nibbles the poops that she leaves on the floor - she is litter trained and the are just the occasional few that get scattered underfoot (we assume it's marking behaviour that will dissipate after she's spayed). She eats her cecals normally.

We're just wondering why she does it! She never seems to eat a whole one but she'll give them a good bite and leave a little half-eaten poop on the floor surrounded by poop crumbs! Good thing it's mostly dried hay, but still!

:what

Completely normal even though it's gross. My rabbit eats full poops which makes me laugh because she will turn her nose up and refuse spinach lol. This is just a rabbit being the weird animal they are.

Hehe yeah, if we see her doing it and then trying to give us kisses we're like "not with your poopy mouth girl!" :shame

My other theory is she knows she's done one outside the box so she tries to destroy the evidence...

Latest posts

Back