Tail chewing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
Jade seems to be a little to preoccupied withchewing on Jezebel's tail. Jezebel sometimes gets annoyed with thisbehaviour and runs from her, but her patience level is a little to highand now she has a little red nubby sticking out of her beautiful honeycoloured tail :(The are not of age to be fixed yet so its notan option. Separation will cause a lot of stress, since they dont evengo to the vet alone...no fighting is happening, and Jezebel reallydoesnt seem to mind her tail being touched-to the point where I wonderif she even has feeling in that thing! Just at times she gets sick andtired of it (hence the running away)

Cher

Hi HB104,

Rabbits generally bite to protect themselves, their food, or showdominance. I wondering if Jade is trying to assert her dominance overJez, or if she's just taking the grooming thing too far. Whatever thecase, I'd separate them until Jade's tail heals. You don't need it toget raw and the develop an infection. It doesn't sound as if Jade'sready to quit and Jez will just let it happen.

-Carolyn

Thank-you for the advice, sigh, they are going tobe maaaaaaad at me for awhile then...:(But better they sulkthan having a tail-less bun! :p I am sure it is a dominance thing sinceJade is also the one who did the "mounting" which has stoppednow-AHA-and replaced by the overly aggressive tail grooming....

Cher

Hi HB104,

Well, think of it this way, it's only for a short while until Jade'stail heals. Jez may not be happy with you, but I'm sure Jade willsecretly be saying in her little brain, "Thanks Mom!"

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back