Neutered and stopped using litter pan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlefoot

Reaction score
Hello, I recently had my Lionhead/ dutch neutered. Now he won't use his potty. What's up with that? I changed litters. His feet are fine. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated. :rabbithop

How recently was he neutered? When you say you changed litters, did you change the litter in the tray, or did you change the brand/type of litter you're using? You might have to go back to the old type of litter so that he starts using it again, then if you want to change back again, slowly introduce a small amount of the new type of litter to the tray each time you clean it out.

Some rabbits simply don't like the feel of certain litter types under their feet (the same with cats), but if you transition slowly they can get used to it. Keep putting his poops, and pee wiped up with paper towel into his litter tray to help him remember that it's where he has to go :)

How recently was he neutered? When you say you changed litters, did you change the litter in the tray, or did you change the brand/type of litter you're using? You might have to go back to the old type of litter so that he starts using it again, then if you want to change back again, slowly introduce a small amount of the new type of litter to the tray each time you clean it out.

Some rabbits simply don't like the feel of certain litter types under their feet (the same with cats), but if you transition slowly they can get used to it. Keep putting his poops, and pee wiped up with paper towel into his litter tray to help him remember that it's where he has to go :)

He was neutered 3 weeks ago. I only changed litters to see if that was the problem. I did scoop up his poo and put in his litter pan. There's poo in his potty now so maybe that's what he needed.

Back