Possibly adopting a second rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My cousins have a 1 year old female mini lop named Perry. They are no longer able to keep her and have asked me if I would be interested in adopting her. I already have a female mini lop named annabell that is about 2.5 years old. I'm hesitant on bringing on another rabbit from a cost perspective, extra time, and most importantly getting along with Annabell.

I'm probably going to take Perry for a weekend and see how they get along. Any advice for bonding? I know they should be in a neutral area. Any advice or real life scenarios would be helpful. I'm also curious if I got another rabbit, would that change how Annabell feels towards me? I adopted her as an adult and I definitely don't want her to take a step backwards.

P.S.- If this didn't work out, I'm going to help them find a good home for Perry.

I don't think your relationship with annabelle should change too much but then some rabbits do become more focused on their bun companion then their human after a bond.

The best advice I can give with bonding is read everything you can about it, but realize that you have to tailor it to your buns in the end. I followed a few example when I bonded mine, was told at one point they probably would never bond, but then rethought the situation, tailored my approach to what I felt would work with them and not strictly following a guideline, and then persevered until it happened. As long as there is no hate at first site I feel any two bunnies can bond eventually. Lastly, dont he afraid to do a little stress bonding if things do take a turn. My two hated car rides, and in the end they got two car rides a day to settle them during my marathon bond weekend. It worked.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back