Lionheads

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatkiidsean

Reaction score
Hey guys!

One rabbit I am strongly considering is a Lionhead. I found a really reputable breeder who I consider a family-friend, and while I am not too crazy about Lionheads, are they any different from any other rabbit? I know each rabbit has his/her own personality, but are Lionheads possibly more aggressive or docile?

I've been looking at pictures online, and I have mixed feelings about Lionheads. Sometimes they're just too fluffy -- I'd like to see their face! Is there a way to groom them to expose their face more, in case their "Lion" fur gets to be too much?

Believe it or not, we also found someone else who does rabbit rescues! My mother and I are talking about possibly getting two rabbits; what is the best way to introduce them to each other, and would different breeds of bunnies be problematic if placed in the same x-pen (i.e. if I do end up getting a Lionhead, will he/she get along well with another breed of bunny)? Both of them would be fixed; most likely the rescued rabbit would be fixed first, and once the Lionhead reaches maturity, we'll get that bunny fixed.

I know this is a lot to take on, but I believe with all the support I have and with the bunch of research that I've done, I can make this happen!

What are your opinions?

:bunnyhug:

A loin head is like any other rabbit it's personality will decide. My lion head is very docile except when being picked up, but also he isn't a cuddly type either preferring to get petted on the head when he decides. And as for bonding different breeds that won't be a issue and a slow introduction is the way to go AFTER both are Fixed, this can take weeks, months or not happen at all so bunny dates is what most would recommend..

My lionhead Ivy is the sweetest little girl and extremly docile, I recomend lionheads because there one of my fav breeds, but i adore all breeds.

If getting two some rescues will adopt out two rabbits together but if you wanna get two seperate ones and introduce them do it slow and make sure its on equal ground like do it on the floor rather then in a cage because they might feel caged in more and get scared easier.

If you want to see their face, why not try a lion head lop? That's what I've got and she has a 'mane' but I can see all her face as well. She's very docile and loves to relax and get snuggles on the floor, she also isn't crazy about being picked up or sitting on our lap, but if you get down to her level she'll lay with you for ages while you pet her.

If you want to see their face, why not try a lion head lop? That's what I've got and she has a 'mane' but I can see all her face as well. She's very docile and loves to relax and get snuggles on the floor, she also isn't crazy about being picked up or sitting on our lap, but if you get down to her level she'll lay with you for ages while you pet her.

The only problem is, the family-friend breeder only breeds lionheads. I am getting pictures soon, so hopefully I can determine whether or not they're right for me! I would have to meet one face-to-face, regardless of the breed, and let the rabbit choose me instead of me choosing the rabbit. :bunny16

Bugsy, one of my guys, is part lionhead and part angora. I love his mane! It adds to his personality. He is a love bug. He let's me pick him up and will let me hold him a bit. He prefers if I get on the floor with him to pet him. He's such a sweetie.

I have one and she is my sweetest. She was a rescue that I as unsure of taking in, but I am so glad i did!! She gets along with all my buns and loves being held and snuggled - my mini rex will tolerate it, my other two will NOT.

Back