Blue Barry's Gotcha Day!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Channahs

Reaction score
He's home! The day I've been waiting for has finally arrived! Yesterday, June 22nd was Barry's gotcha day. His actual birthday is May 1, so he will be 8 weeks on Thursday. OMB I have just died and gone to heaven!

Blue Barry is an English Lop, and what a funny little man he is! Yesterday I drove two hours from my home to pick him up. He's been chosen for almost a month, so I've been sent plenty of baby pictures. He is the silliest character of the litter, he's extremely curious and busy, playful, and he's not shy in the least and oh how he loves to eat! He's been eating barn *horse* hay so I decided to take him straight to OxBow Timothy hay and forego the alpha. He loves it! I was sent with some pellets by the breeder to mix with what I have and that little stinker picked every single one of his accustomed pellets out and left those that I mixed in. Hopefully I'll find out the brand that she'd been feeding and the local Co-op will have them available.

He doesn't seem to mind being held, and he sits perfectly still for my Eskimo bunny nose kisses. I'm not looking forward to trimming his nails, but that has to be done very soon. They're long and sharp and I'm not sure that they've ever been trimmed. We can't have him messing up his lovely ears now!

On to some some pictures! I'll be starting a Barry Blog soon so prepare yourselves for plenty of gushing because this new bunny mama is in cuckoo love! :bunnyheart

Barry's first Timothy Hay.jpg

Nommy.jpg

He is such a character. Today he smelled my cucumber melon dish detergent on my hands and he was all over them! Sniff lick sniff sniff lick! I had to give him a Craisin. Just one. If you happen to find them, Craisins are also sold in 50% less sugar and these are what Jovi and Barry get for occasional treats.

I think today that he misses his brothers and sisters. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a trampoline frame that I will wrap with chicken wire for his bunny run. He spent a bit of time with me in the weed garden today munching grass, but he's fast and I need a place for him to be able to do his bunny 500.

Thank you all! Yes, his ears are impressive! Everyone that I show his pictures to *everybody lol* has a first comment of OMB lookit those ears! I'm so head over heals.

I found a mistake the second day. The water bottle wasn't delivering. I assumed that he was getting drinks because I saw him several times at the bottle. Little did I know. While cleaning his cage I tapped the little ball and my finger came back dry. He jumped on the bottle and I started squeezing it gently. Some fell to the floor of his cage and he started lapping it up. Then realization hit. :in tears: My baby was thirsty!!! I put a bowl of water down for him and he drank and drank and drank...his little tummy was gurgling. So..I no longer rely on that bottle. I am angry at that bottle. Perhaps I had the cap screwed too tightly, but the lesson's been learned. His whole demeanor changed after he had his fill of all the water he needed. I have thoroughly kicked my own butt for this.

Also, the lady that I purchased Barry from feeds her bunnies Prime Quality feed. She says that's all they will eat. It's a good feed, it's just not local to me. I tried mixing Manna Pro into the feed that she gave me, but Barry was having none of that. He would leave those 20 pellets in the bottom of the bowl while every single one of the pellets that she sent were eaten. How do they do that? Three days and those same 20 pellets that had been completely mixed with the food she sent always ended up in the bottom of the bowl. So today I made a 60 mile round trip to a feed store that carries Prime Quality and purchased a 25 lb bag. Pfft. Little man gets what he wants. Also I picked up a trampoline frame that I will turn upside down and circle with chicken wire for his outside bun run. That wotten wabbit.

What we do for our spoiled little buns :p

I check my water bottles twice a day cause I worry about that happening.

Latest posts

Back