All aboard....!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Jones

Reaction score
If you're over 30 years of age, be sure to seeThe Polar Express at a theater near you and "relive" all thewonder and innocence of being a child at Christmas time.

Don't wait for the video because much of the "magic" of thisproduction will be lost on the small screen.

If you're under 30, you may enjoy it, too, but you are much too closeto those innocent years for it to have as much an impact as on us,older folk.

I guess it helps if you HAVE NOT read or heard the story previously,but the Missus remembered it from her childhood and enjoyed thefilmjust as much as I did, never having read orheardthe storybefore.

An "up" experience, I assure you! Puts you in the Christmas Spirit if the world has been wearing you down.

Buck

Thanks, Buck! :dude:

I have been tossing the idea of seeing it in the theatre around in myhead, but I thought it would be okay to wait for it to come out onvideo. It was playing in the next town over this past weekend, if it'sstill there, I think I'll take your advice and go check it out.

Glad you enjoyed it and it brought The Missus back to her childhood. :)

-Carolyn

Is it purely anadult movie or is it one that little ones would like and adult wouldappreciate on a different level? It can be tough finding movies for 41and 7 year olds to both enjoy!

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Is it purely an adult movie oris it one that little ones would like and adult would appreciate on adifferent level? It can be tough finding movies for 41 and 7 year oldsto both enjoy!

Raspberry

"Children" of all ages can enjoy it, especially us "older"children. I can't imagine a younger child not liking it, too.

Buck

Bo B Bunny wrote:
...Every Christmas Eve, my children and I get ready for bedand turn the lights down with the Christmas tree lit and I read thebook to them. My son is 13 now and still enjoys ourtradition. My daughter is 9 and loves it!

My friend, who bought the book for us long ago, got me the Hallmark bell this year for my birthday. :)

How cool is that? What a wonderful gift andwonderfulway to celebrate Christmas for all truebelievers!

Buck

Buck, have you seen the stuff atHallmark? They have the chocolate candy bars for 99 cents,and the tickets... the bells..... lots of stuff :) I amgetting my kids the candybars and tickets for stockings

You never know,Dreamgal might get rocks in her sock! Remember, naughty girls only getcoal in their stockings! :p

Raspberry

The polar express is an aswem movie! Way back inelmtary scholl out princapal would come into the class room every yearand read us the book. The movie totaly broght the book to life.THe amimatin is amazing! I agre EVERYONE sould see it.

Oh, I so want to see this movie, as I LOVED thebook as a kid, plus I love animated movies anyway. However, my hubbyisn't exactly keen on it, he's never read the book and itdoesn't "grab" him. Maybe I'll have to give him big doe eyes. :p

I saw this as soon as it came out here lastweek~What an amazing "christmasy" pick me up movie!! I don't think Ihave ever cried so much (and at the ODDEST things too) the subtletiesfor pulling your heart strings in the movie were a constant reminderthat sometimes this world moves a little too fast for thoseofus whom are'all grown up' and we should take thetime to appreciate the child in all of us.

I give it a resounding TWO THUMBS up, if your sitting here reading thispost-GO NOW!! you will not regret it atall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/dingle

/dingle

Cher

My whole school saw the Polar Express atthe theater yesterday:)Its was a good movie...and theanimation was AMAZING. The details of the animation is just soexcellent. You would think that the people are real.

Cassandra

Our Dearest Buck Jones,

Once again, Thank You.

Because of your strong endorsement of this movie, I had to go see it, which I did tonight.

:shock: Wow! :shock:

What a spectacular journey of fun and emotions one experiences whilewatching this film. It is surely a legend in it's own time.

I'm not a big fan of seeing a movie in a theatre, but I'll go if Ithink it's worth seeing big screen. This one is definitely should beseen on big screen to fully appreciate the details. I also am notusually particularly fond of the movies made digitally, but they gotthis one down pat. I hope it gets an Academy Award.

I don't know the story. A friend told me that the movie is a bitdifferent from the book and her child didn't want to see it becausethey wanted to remember the version of the book. I'm glad I didn't knowthe story because it made it that much more fun. I'll read the booknow, of course, and decide which version I like better.

Thank you, Buck Jones. Sending you a big hug for suggesting to see itwhile it's still out. I would've regretted it if I had let it pass byand waited until it came out in the video store.

I enjoyed the movie 'Elf' quite a bit after I saw it for the first timethis weekend. That is one that is out for rental now and seeing WillFerrell in that silly costume, with how big he is just always had meshaking my head. Seeing Bob Newhardt as an elf was just too much. It'ssilly, but it's fun and quite a story.

:)

Good Cheer to All!
-Carolyn

ahahahahaha....we showed a clip of Elftonight in youth group, the part where he's getting all excited overSanta in the toy store. I nearly died laughing! :D

m.e. wrote:
ahahahahaha....we showed a clip of Elf tonight in youthgroup, the part where he's getting all excited over Santa in the toystore. I nearly died laughing! :D

*laughs*

What an idiot!!

I love that guy.

-Carolyn

Stephanie wrote:
Oh, I so want to see this movie, as I LOVED the book as a kid,plus I love animated movies anyway. However, my hubby isn't exactlykeen on it,? he's never read the book and it doesn't "grab" him. MaybeI'll have to give him big doe eyes. :p

Steph,

You have to see this movie. Even if you have to go alone. Pop in just as the previews start and no one will be the wiser.

Or, just tell your husband that his accompanying you would be one lessChristmas gift he'd have to get you. He'll love it. There were plentyof men in the theatre - of middle age and older - by themselves.

Everyone left smiling.

-Carolyn

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Is it purely an adult movie or isit one that little ones would like and adult would appreciate on adifferent level? It can be tough finding movies for 41 and 7 year oldsto both enjoy!

Raspberry

Just trust us on this one, Raspberry.

This film is definitely going to go down as a Classic. Take Sebbie'slittle girl so that she'll always remember that she saw it with you inthe theatre when it first came out.

:)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back