7 Month Old Rascals

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoD

Reaction score
I have two Lionhead bunnies, a male and a female siblings so they've been together since birth. They are now almost 7 months old and were fixed a couple of months ago. They are kept indoors and have a very large, 4 level cage plus a large play area which takes up most of a spare bedroom. My goal was to be able to let them out of their cage to interact, not really wanting them to have a large play area, but every time we let them out they destroy the carpet. They are also not very friendly, not wanting to even be petted much. I understand that they don't like to be picked up, but was hoping that they would at least enjoy interaction with our family. My 11 year old has lost interest in them because they just aren't much fun. I do try to spend time with them every day, and I let them out in the evening when we are watching TV so they can interact with us, but it's hard because we have so much carpet and all they want to do is rip it up. I've read that younger rabbits can be this way and I'm hoping they will settle down as they get older. Can anyone give me some advice?

Cardboard boxes are fun to destroy, and dig in. You can provide old sheets or towels to dig and bite. Untreated apple branches are fun for chewing. Your house will look like a disaster area but at least the rug will be ok. Just gotta think like a rabbit and give them stuff to do!

I've tried all those things. I'm just hoping they grow out of it.

Back