Traveling with bunnies tips?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickeyandluna

Reaction score
They’re in their cages and are pretty scared, but have been eating on and off. I just worry and would like some tips on traveling with them, if anyone has any. Were going across the country.

Travelling with rabbits is never really pleasant, but it generally goes OK. My rabbits don't really eat in their cage, but I still fill it with hay and some greens as I feel it gives a familiar smell and protect them a bit from the wind. I make sure that the cage is big enough for them to hop around a bit and lay down and put a cisal mat or carpet on the bottom so that they don't slip. I've been going on holiday (underground, train, car) with them since I've had them and while they clearly don't like it it always went fine (my shoulders are always very sore after carrying them around, and I actually feel like I suffer more than they do the day after). Just leave them alone after you arrive. You'll probably be snubbed for a few days afterwards but they'll get over it.

Back