hi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteHercules

Reaction score
I am new to rabbitsonline. I am a breeder of two rare breeds of rabbits. No bashing please I am trying to keep the breeds alive and don't make any money doing so. I am currently trying to convert an ex breeding doe from a hutch rabbit to a indoor pet. Since I had to euthanize my last house rabbit after only 2 month inside. I have a lot of rabbit experience with raising them but have little experience with indoor rabbits. Thought I join and get advice on inside rabbit care and help out with breeding and showing issues. Thanks

Welcome! I don't breed myself, but I have no problems with breeders as long as they are knowledgeable and do this seriously with carefully selected animals : the world also needs healthy animals with good types and I'm all for preserving breeds! I bought my dog (also a rare breed) from a breeder and I'm deeply unapologetic about it. ^^
If I may ask, what happened to your last house rabbit?

He broke a molar and had a bad abscess because of it. The vet was willing to remove the molar but said that he would need surgery every 3-4 months to keep his teeth inline. I didn't think it was fair to him or me. Hard decision.

Welcome! Ok I've got to ask, which rare breeds do you breed and do you have pictures?
Sorry about the loss of your last house rabbit. What a terrible choice to have to make. I hope this time, the experience goes a bit more smoothly. If you have never had a rabbit in your house, wow you are going to see a whole new side to rabbits and their amazing personalities. Any questions you have, just ask!

He broke a molar and had a bad abscess because of it. The vet was willing to remove the molar but said that he would need surgery every 3-4 months to keep his teeth inline. I didn't think it was fair to him or me. Hard decision.

Tooth problems are what scare me the most. Everytime I have a stasis case I'm like 'I hope it's not the tooth'. From what I know taking a molar out is also pretty risky, but it's true it's never an easy decision to make...

Hi and welcome, im new here as well, sorry for your loss... Please do tell what rare breeds do you have.

I have Belgian Hares and Blanc de Hotots. The personality on the hares are awesome. But they are more susceptible to illness and reproductive issues then most breeds. They are also more sensitive to changes in environment. The Hotots are globally endangerment breed. Personality wise mine are sweet through a bit skittish at times.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

As whiterabbitrage stated, indoor rabbits is a whole new world. If you would like further tips and visuals for housing indoors, feel free to browse around my website. It is all about housing rabbits indoors.

Please do post photos of your bunnies. We'd love to see them!

You raise Belgian Hares?! I love those! I've only seen them in photos. I wanted one as a pet but read they weren't good for that? So I settled for a Flemmie. Please let us know how the Hare takes to bring a pet. I'm very curious.

Latest posts

Back