Hello all from the North East

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reptileink

Reaction score
Hello. I am getting into the bunny hobby as I recently found out (after building a good sized coop) that I cannot keep chickens in my city (long story).

Anyway, I will be posting and reading and hope to learn more about keeping rabbits outside. I am 40 years old and married with 3 kids. My wife and I hope having rabbits will help the kids learn about nature and taking care of pets. We currently have an Asian Box Turtle that doesn't really require much, so it should be good for them!

Welcome to the forum. Some may have negative comments about your use of the word "hobby", so be prepared. Bunnies are not a pet for small children as they are delicate and require a lot of care unlike our tortoise friends. :goodluck

Welcome! We have outside rabbits too, but we show them. It's good to teach kids the responsibility of taking care of animals. We started our kids with small animals (gerbils and then guinea pigs). As they got older they needed less supervision.

In no way do I think of raising animals as a "hobby", maybe a poor choice of words. My kids are 9 and 6yo twins (7 in July). They will not have access to the rabbits without a parent available.

Latest posts

Back