What do you feed your rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more than half of timothy hay and oxbow pellets

and i slip in some green(s) and a faction of a banana as a treat for my kid(s) ...

Mine get all the timothy hay they can shove into their mouths; a few (<1/2 of a tbs) Oxbow Science pellets (usually in a puzzle feeder type toy); fresh veggies every night (bunny safe, varied); and a few fruits/treats for training purposes.

But these are adult rabbits, so their nutrition is a little different.

I see the argument between Sherwood and Oxbow- so I'll throw in my two cents. The Oxbow Science has timothy hay as the first ingredient (big plus for me) and then high fiber content, low protein content. To be fair- a small disclaimer, I get oxbow products at a discount right now, so there is that bias.

I guess I had to learn the hard way to limit fruits and feed the right vegetables. I still did not think that my rabbits were at peak health and performance. I consulted an elder gentleman who had been raising rabbits for many years. His secret was that he used some all natural nutritional supplements. One is called Immuno Boost. He stated that you simply add it to your water.He also used Immun Charge which is an all natural antibiotic to use on sick or stressed rabbits. I have to say that my rabbits really started doing much better after I used these products. I am happier and so are they. I don't know if I am allowed to mention the website, but here it is (*link removed by moderator*) I want you to have as healthy rabbits as I have. All the best.

unlimited hay
a few veggies in the morning (only a few cause he is young)
and some pellets in the morning and night (when i go to put him in his cage)
he will some times (rarely) get the oxbow digestive support tablets (1/4) as a treat,
and sometimes some fruit ;)

Latest posts

Back