Urgent! Answer asap!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wild rabbits are usually almost always alone, except for in the morning and at night when the mother comes and feeds them. When people "find" baby bunnies the babies aren't lost, they are really just wandering around or just waiting for mom.
I definitely suggest putting him back where you got him and just let him go. He will find his way back to where he needs to be and him mom with take care of him.
Hope all goes well :)

Ok thanks! I really have zero experience with baby rabbits, so I had no idea if it could leave the nest yet. Thanks again!

If you have domesticated rabbits, you will want to disinfect or throw away everything used with the wild rabbit to avoid unintentionally introducing a pathogen to your domestic rabbits.

Boil it, steam it, or use a disinfectant such as enhanced hydrogen peroxide.

We found the rabbit at someone else's house, so no danger there! But thank you for your advice!

We found the rabbit at someone else's house, so no danger there! But thank you for your advice!

Provided the rabbit is quarantined nowhere near your domesticated rabbits, and you are disinfecting all items that come in contact with the foster, you should be good to go.

IMO, doing so can reduce the chance of swapping diseases. For example, one rabbit exposed to a disease could become an asymptotic carrier, in which case the disease does not kill the rabbit and the rabbit appears to be perfectly well. However, if another rabbit comes in contact with this asymptomatic rabbit, that other rabbit might rapidly die due to little or no immunity. Cross-contamination can also risk exposure to potentially harmful pathogens.

Literally, anything that comes into contact with that rabbit needs to be disinfected.

The house the rabbit was at have no other pets, and I throughly washed my hands. However, thanks for telling me for future reference

Back