Flemish giants with other rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellcao

Reaction score
Sooo I was wondering, does anyone here own a flemish giant?

& if so, do you have other rabbits that aren't flemish giants that you house together?

I'm getting one soon, but I already have 4 bunnies (a holland lop, new zealand, & 2 "regular"/unknown breed)

Does anyone know if the flemish giant's size will be too overwhelming for my other rabbits?

I know they're sweet in general, but I can't find anything that says they can be with other rabbits, it's usually with other pets like dogs & cats.

Thank you!

They do very well with smaller rabbits. My friend has a bonded pair of rabbits...one is a dwarf and the other is a large flemish giant. Whenever I see them together the size difference is hilarious, but the flemish giant is very gentle with the smaller dwarf.

Interesting because I wanted a friend for my Mimi Rex cross and I love Flemish Giants but i always thought that a Flemish would be to big and would hurt my Iris. But it can be done.

Rabbits are rabbits and form bonds (or don't) with other rabbits. It's just something that's on a rabbit to rabbit basis not a breed by breed basis. I have a Flemish but no other rabbits. She gets along good with my dog but not my fiance go figure ;P

I don't own one, but from what people told me and what I've read over the years on the internet (and I've read an embarrassing lot about rabbits), Flemish giants appear to be very laidback. Like for a lot of species, big breeds tend to be actually gentler and calmer than smaller ones. I've read a lot of articles from breeders / owners saying that nethies are the absolute worst rabbits in terms of temper and the less recommended for kids because they are the one who jump around / bite the most. I've only owned nethies and lops but in my case the gentle lazy lop vs nasty hyper nethie stereotype was proven completely true... and it never stopped them from cohabiting in peace (with the nethie being the absolute dictator of the warren everytime despite their size - I was kinda worried the first time I introduced a lop with a nethie who was barely 700g : she looked at the rabbit who was more than twice her size, jumped on his back with no hesitation whatsoever, subdued him in 5mn top and that was that XD)
So well, I wouldn't worry about mixing rabbits of different size, really.

Latest posts

Back