bunny is such a troublemaker!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamafern

Reaction score
north vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
he has the run of pretty much the the house mostof the day. it took him a while to get used to the wood floors but aslong as he is just hopping he is fine now. if he gets scared or binkies(which i think is what he does..) he kinda skids and slides. he isfairly good at using the litterbox, he has one in his cage and one outof it now..except that he still likes to pee on the couch, especiallypillows! but its not a huge deal. my baby likes to stand on the kitchentable and pee these days *sigh*

but the bedroom....he isnt really allowed in there because heinevitably leaves a trail across the bed, which resides on the floorand i just cant deal with pee on the carpet, bedding ect.. but heALWAYS sneaks in! he hides under the couch till the door opens thendashes in. he gets this look on his face like *HAHA! got you his time*and then i chase him out and he smiles.. i swear! i think that he lovesthis game.

i just had to share, because its so irritating and so cute at the sametime. he has the whole rest of the house, but he wants the bedroom..

lol, that's funny. I know you don't think so; so much though.

A friend was telling me that cats do this same thing.Especially when they know you don't want them to dosomething. It seems this is what your bun is doing, smart,huh?:bunnydance:

We always try to keep our bunnies out of ourbedroom but it's the 1 place they want to go. In my old apartment Ialways found Bernie keeping watch at the door while Louie and Alicewere tearing up my room. It was pretty funny.

totally!

they are so smart! and it is funny, most of the time!

my daughter just ran around trying to save the bunny poops in the bedroom from sudden death by vaccuum. :bunny18

we are getting a second bunny tonight and i can just see them getting into trouble together.. i hope that they bond well!

My bunny loves trouble too! Luckily, it doesn'tinvolve peeing! She'll chew on something, jump on something, climb onsomething, go somewhere, etc. that she's not supposed to. Then I'llscold her of course. But she doesn't sulk and look guilty, oh no. Sheruns off binkying! Before, my roommate's bed used to be low enough forher to reach, but she wasn't allowed there. But she'd jump up and I'deither chase or lift her down and it was a game to her, she'd do itover and over and watch me and wait for me to get her off!

Good luck with the new bun!

we just picked her up a bit ago. she seems a bit stunned. she did eat some greens that we offered her as a treat thouh.
she is so beautiful! she is white with multicoloured brown markings andthe big floppy ears to boot. she is super light and lets mepick her right up. bunny doesn't let me Pick him at all but he doeslike sitting on my lap, if its his idea..
ill get some pictures tomorow.
and they seem totally fine with eachother. they already sniffed and then didnt seem too interested.

When I first got the rabbit, it was suppose to be my " niece's Rabbit. My father " lied" to me, and basically gave me the rabbit to take care of. I'm kinda ticked off about that because I wanna go out, and live my life to the fullest. My niece is big now, and so.. eventually it will be time for her to actually take care of her " own" rabbit.

My father told me he hated rabbits, that they poop everywhere, and smell really bad. He was actually " incorrect" because.. I think as they grow older they become potty trained or.. unable to poop everywhere. My bunny doesn't poop at all on me or is dumping me at all. He won't poop in his spare cage. My father went up north to pick up rabbit, and the lady.. that was carrying the rabbits had 3 different bunnies. The first rabbit was "big" and was a ginger rabbit. She was to aggressive, and so me an my mother said " no". We looked at the other rabbit, and it looked like a Cow. It was black, and white an was ugly looking. The third.. canidate was a " tiny.. grey rabbit, and we found out he was a " boy". I think the black/ white one was a boy, the other ginger one was a girl.

He was so beautiful, and cute. He had shimmery.. gloss skin, and wasn't aggressive, and mean. He was affectionate, and a sweet bunny. Then.. we took him home, and my parents bought him a small rabbit " hutch". Rabbit.. became " mean". He use to run around in the patio deck at the old house, had enough area to run around. Our bunny.. is mixed. He's a holland hop rabbit which is mixed with a Chinchilua mix to it. He has weird eyes. They're dark brown but slightly blue tint to it. Anyways.. rabbit was affectionate to me, nice to me. Then.. my mother brain washed him, and started to become controlling, and possessive with him. My real mother isn't like that. I mean she's controlling but she's not going to take someone's " SUN" away from them. They gave me the responsiblilty to take care of him, and it was working.

Then we moved out of that house, into the house we're in right now. We still have no " freedom" or priviledge to do things. My father wanted a " screening" on the patio deck, and they rejected his offer. So. Our rabbit.. was put in his cage, and had 4 different locks on the cage. Thumper.. our rabbit stunk, and was segregated, and isolated from moving around outside of his cage. I told my mother put him in my bedroom, and he won't escape. I told her.. he needed a bath, and to let me take care of him. She refused my offer, and controlled him an started abusing the rabbit.

We still don't have a patio on the deck, and we can't do what we want to do in this house. They denied my father's offer of having a patio.. on the deck. Instead he ruined... it by creating blocks outside of the patio, and creating his own way. He told.. me now that we have our own house we can do whatever we want to!

Turned.. out we're still under a bunch of people who are dominating, and controlling us, aren't free to do whatever we want. Anyways.. finally.. my father put the cage outside near the fence. He at least got the White fence around the house, and decided to by a fencing.. that's black around his crib.

As.. thumper finally got out of the cage.. he became " scared" of me, and territoral. He was scratching me, and acted like he doesn't even know me anymore. As.. if I don't exist. Which is a pretty.. shady thing to do because I'm the one who was feeding it, and changing it's water and letting him run around outside the house. My parents took that trust away from me, so I have to start all over with him.

Now.. he's medium size, and he's changed. He's hit puberty, and he acts like his own person. He doesn't kiss my anymore, and his colors have changed on his body. He's got balls growing underneath him, and he's hair.. color turned a basic.. dark dark grey gothic " combat" color hair. He's got white ish.. around his nose, and swirls.. around.. his middle body part. Very odd, and unique looking. It looks like a Camo color to him as.. if he's in the military or in combat mode.

However. He turned into a trouble maker, and a bad rabbit. His rabbit... is chewed up, and ripped apart. His poop dish is cracked from him tossing it around, and throwing it around everywhere. He's having " temper" tantrums. He doesn't want to eat his food, and he's a picky eater.

He wants the expensive Yogurt blueberry treats, and is sick of his grain oats foods. He pees on the floor, and not in his rabbit dish. He ****s in his rabbit.. dish, sometimes.. lays in it. He lay's in his own ****, and lays on hay.. that looks from a barn. He doesn't eat the hay or likes they hay. Instead.. he kicks the hay around, and dumps on it. He doesn't dump on me though. However.. he has pooped on my bed one time, and peed on my arms, on the comforter.

He chews up everything, and I'm sick of it. I can't cuddle him without him scratching me, and before he was easy.. to clip his nails. Now.. I have to " HOG" tie him, and hurt.. him to.. make him stay in one spot. He's adventrous and likes the " run around" ha..ha.. chase me game. He'll act all kind to your face, and make it easy to where.. you can catch him, and then.. he snatches your food, and runs away from you. Sometimes you have to pin him down, and make his squeal a bit.. because he's stubborn, and won't move.

He communicates a lot or does a Code.. while pushing the button on his water bottle, thinks it's funny. Then.. he'll.. cry, and get an emotional if he's not getting the attention that he needs. Sometimes.. he gets happy when he see's me, and jumps in the air moving side ways. He acts all fake.. where he's climbing up the fence, and wants you to see him, and acts like he's happy to see you. An.. then all of a sudden 2 faces you as if he doesn't got a clue who you're. He's really 2 faced.

He drives me nuts... but.. he digs a lot, and ruins my clothes that I have. He digs on me, and gets frustrated. I don't know what he's frustrated with. But he bit me, and my main concern is his chewing problem. He doesn't want to chew his toys but.. wants to chew his house.. up, and chew other people. He bit my boob before, and left a mini scar on it.

Any advice?!

I love my rabbit.. but he's stubborn, and 2 faced. He acts all sweet, and then.. acts like he doesn't even notice you. He plays hide an go seek, and makes it easy to where you catch him but jumps out of your hands. I mean my rabbit thumper is pretty slick, and smart. You don't know what he's thinking because he does one thing, and acts on something totally different.

He's an aquarius Boy. I know.. that. So! I know he's independent. But I'm an aquarius Sun to, and I don't act like that. He looks like a ram though.. with his ears.

Any advice with the chewing, digging? I'm planning to buy him a new house because the one he has is destroyed, and the glue.. is falling apart. :happybunny::USA::inlove::rabbithop: :bambiandthumper

I feel your pain! My rabbits are outdoor rabbits, and they drive me insane- they're not even in my house! Moonlight can always find clever ways to escape anything and Missy can jump crazy high, so I have to watch them both like a hawk! That, and the fact that there are actual hawks watching them, probably waiting for me to leave my bunnies alone.... Anyways, the two together are evil, fluffy, adorable, trouble causing master minds, but we love them anyways! And what you were saying about the bedroom- when my rabbits are outside in their playpen, Missy will stick her head out of a hole in it and eat the grass on the other side. If I move the cage around that patch of grass (so she can eat it without half strangling herself), she will just go and eat from a patch of grass that is not in the cage! I'm pretty sure she takes the saying "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence" quite literally!!

Latest posts

Back