Baby rabbit not doing well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sEtyler

Reaction score
I have two baby cotton tail bunnies as of yesterday morning.

We found them in a garden bed while tilling. My family says they absolutely can not go back into the garden, the momma rabbit has been tearing through our lettuce.

Eyes are open and they are furry. Research has shown that they are probably weaned or almost weaned.

They weigh 80 grams and 100 grams. The little one is doing really well, hopping around in their box, eating grass, drinking water.

The other one is just sitting around not doing anything. I tried to syringe feed it some water, but I only have luer lock syringes the tip is really big.

Anyways, this is our first time with rabbits. Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi.

That poor lettuce, it's wellbeing is sure worth the sacrifice. Tell your mom I think she's a jerk about that ;), it's not the rabbits fault that the fence wasn't good enough to start with.

Anyway, search for "cottontail" here, there are quite some threads about how to care for them in similar situations.

Another way would be to call your local wildlife authorities for what to do.

Taking them to a Wildlife Rehabilitator is my best advice. They belong in the wild and a rehabber will know how to get them ready to be released.

Not sure how taking away the mother's babies will save the lettuce, or why the lettuce is important enough to justify doing so.

They are probally really stressed and scared.(living on a farm we had to rarely bottle feed calves we saw the difference in haveing a momma and living off a human its not the best) They need their momma.

Latest posts

Back