AJ's Dental was done

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinai

Reaction score
AJ's Dental was done on Tuesday. He did great they said! He had 2 other Bunnies there to keep him "company" from afar. His teeth were filed and he was a HUGE hit with the vet techs and got PLENTY of snuggles! :)

His teeth are only slightly misaligned and the vet said that he may never need another dental ever but they want to see him in 6-12 months to check his teeth. No problem. She said his diet sounds perfect and he looks great.

The thing that made ME feel great was that the vet said that I was doing a great job with him. It made me feel great because I have only had AJ a little over a month AND he's my first ever Bunny I have been blessed with.

I love my little stinker! Lol (AJ)

That's great! I hope your vet is right and that you won't have to bring him for a dental ever again...

I hope I don't either. He's a Netherland dwarf himi martens blue (and adorable, but I am bias) so I was worried as I've heard Dwarf breeds can sometimes need dental care than most "normal" faced bunnies. (I could be wrong)

He is eating lots better and he has picked up a little bit of a spunky attitude now that he feels better. :)

Dwarf rabbits definitely have more dental problems. But I've had two now that never have (and one that needs her teeth trimmed regularly, unfortunately for my wallet :) ). If he's only a tiny bit misaligned, then diet (which yours is perfect as per the vet- GOOD JOB) should help a lot.

I'm glad he's feeling better and eating well. Kudos to you for being a good bunny parent and dealing with dental issues early on. Prayers for no more dentals!

Ravenous
Since I "inherited" AJ I and know a Lot of his history I am surprised that he didn't have more misalignment. His old diet sucked. When he had food. Long story.

When my pocket book recovers I will get him checked out more to get a deeper look into what's going on in him but teeth were most important thing right now

Back