Female bun escaped while male bun was around

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnionKnight

Reaction score
Hello, rabbitsonline!

Just moments ago, while it was the male's turn to be outside, one of my female rabbits escaped from its cage. I don't know how much time had passed before I caught them. My main concern is if the male rabbit actually impregnated her. I checked both of them to see any signs that could help me determine if this in fact happened. I checked the female first, and its...lady parts didn't look moist or didn't have signs of any fluid. I checked the male and it had its...thing outside and it was moist...

What are the chances for the female getting pregnant? Would I have to wait the 30 days to know for sure?

PS: Before someone brings up the fact that I haven't neutered/spayed the buns, I stated before that where I live nobody does that kind of work.

Thanks for your time!!!

You looked at the wrong end, that snug smile in his face would have told you ;)

All the 3 times happend to me over the years that it was a 100% sure thing. 10 seconds are enough, and they know exactly you don't want them to breed right now, so they don't waste any time :D

Maybe you'll see signs of pregnancy prior to the 32 days, if not treat her as pregnant anyway, better safe than sorry, I was proven wrong in believing she didn't take some times...

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back