fur shedding? HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elvisandme

Reaction score
so I have noticed that my bun bun has been shedding a lot recently and I don't know if this is normal or not... please help. I'm very nervous...

well I'm nervous because I am a new bunny owner, I mean its about an average amount of fur like where I have to clean out his brush often, there are no bald spots just in that area its just short fur and the fur that is falling out is long fur, his diet is 24/7 hay and plenty of water and pellets. he does eat greens also. he is free range in my bedroom

Well it sounds like you're doing everything right, so it's probably a spring moult. Brush regularly to help get rid of that loose fur, and have fresh water and hay available like you already do! Keep a close eye on his poops, watching for changes in quantity, size and for that "string of pearls" look. And vacuum more haha.

If it's not leaving any bald spots, I would bet it's a normal spring molt. I always joke that my rabbits shed more than any 100 lb dog. :p

Latest posts

Back