Blue point nots be showable?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskylollipop

Laura the Bunsnuggler
Reaction score
Why judges no likes cowor of my furs? WACISTS! They makes me cwy!

tumblr_mu0wem8dde1qarrtbo1_500.jpg

No is okay Mer-Mer, me likes cowor of your furs. Is vewy pwetty furs. Me licks it bootiful okay?

tumblr_mu0waccZ511qarrtbo1_500.jpg

No listens to silly judges. I wuvs you.

Haha, no I didn't actually take them to a show, they're far from show quality. It's just that I found out recently that the blue point colouring is a disqualification for shows, for some reason! Aw, what. It's okay Merlin, I think your fur colour is fabulous. *snuggles*

Aw Elise -blush- you're too kind. The buns must've seen your post, cause they're preening for England right now.

Zaiya: I'm not in the showing circle so I could be wrong, but from what I read, lilac point, choc point, frosted pearl and blue point bunnies are not showable?

Aw Elise -blush- you're too kind. The buns must've seen your post, cause they're preening for England right now.

Zaiya: I'm not in the showing circle so I could be wrong, but from what I read, lilac point, choc point, frosted pearl and blue point bunnies are not showable?

It may just be in particular breeds that those colours aren't showable, it's certainly the case for some cat and dog breeds that you can only have certain colour combinations and anything else is automatic disqualification.

They're adorable :D

Your buns actually look like sable points to me.

Rabbits are only disqualified for having an unrecognized color (this means a breeder has not gone through the certificate of development process to get the color recognized). In the US blue, chocolate, and lilac points are showable holland lops and are shown with solids. The same goes with frosty.

Isn't sable a dark brown though? Or is that seal? Mer-bug's dark points are more of a cool-toned charcoal. I'd be willing to bet his brother is a broken sable though, his dark spots are more brownish.

not siamese sable. Sable point is a different color.

The top picture is a Siamese sable and the bottom is a sable point. I say sable point because of the shading around the sides of your bun. Pointed rabbits such as blue points are supposed to have a white body with blue points being the nose, ears, feet and tail. The sides are not supposed to be shaded.

wowee.jpg

NEW%20bunny%20pictures%2011-17-10%20034.jpg

Last edited:
Or i could be totally false as far as suggesting sable point. Im not sure because I do see the hint of blueish. They are so adorable though!

I have to add that Merlin's body shading has been steadily disappearing though. Here's some comparison photos from when he was much younger and darker to now.

tumblr_mu4pe4KA0C1qarrtbo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mu4p7nmE5b1qarrtbo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mu4p9pxtpf1qarrtbo1_500.jpg

Latest posts

Back