Heating and cooling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lover4daisy

Reaction score
Hello. I am making an outdoor rabbit hutch.It is going to be 4x5 feet. I am going to have the cage that mt bunny daisy is living in now inside of it and have a ramp so she can go in and out of it as she pleases. and then she will be in it at night. So her cage is going to be in a much bigger cage. You understand what I am saying? It going to have a roof over it, and removeable sides. (Depending on the weather.) The only problem I have is Daisy might try to dig out. And the tempature. I was thinking about putting 2 in by 2 in square wire on the ground. How does that sound? And about having heated lamps durring the winter, and fans, and ice bottles durring the summer. How does that sound? Thank you for reading! :) :carrot

Sorry I am new on here and still try to find my way around. And nodiced I posted this in the wrong section. Once again Sorry!

Rather than putting the wire on the ground you could put it just under the ground so your rabbit could do a little digging without getting out. You said you would have removable sides. Will the sides be open when they aren't in place or will you still have wire along the sides?

It sounds like a good setup. Fans and ice bottles will be good if your summer temps get into the 80's+. Depending on your winter temps you may not need heat lamps. Rabbits can withstand cold much better than heat as long as they're protected from cold wind.

Latest posts

Back