Need Help Finding Hutches!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

housetb

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! It has been forever since I have been on this forum! Its great to get back and read up on some different things.

I have a slight dilemma I am hoping some of you can help me with. My wife and I have went from our 2 bunnies (Rupert and Babs), to housing 2 more for my sister. They are indoor rabbits, and as you can imagine, take a lot of work to clean after. For this reason, I am trying to find some indoor/outdoor hutches that will make litter cleaning easier, as well as keep the room they are housed in more clean.

Right now they are all in NIC panel cages that I put together. Rupert and Babs are bonded, so they share a cage together while my sister's rabbits each have their own spaces because they are not neutered/spayed. I have already purchased 1 hutch for $95 that I plan to use for one of my sisters bunnies (Kokoum). The dimensions are 41 inches high x 36 inches wide x 24 inches deep. Its pretty close to the size of his cage now. I also like that this hutch will provide more room for him to move around because there is a pull out litter tray underneath; therefore, removing the need for the litter tray I have in his cage now.

The issue I am running into now is finding 2 more hutches that are conducive for the size of the other rabbits but not costing me an arm and a leg. My sister's other rabbit, Bonbon, is a New Zealand rabbit, so she is quite large (probably about 10-12lbs). I want something that not only will support her weight, but be big enough for her to move around freely and lounge about. I would probably want close to the same size hutch for Rupert and Babs too since they share the space. I really need to have the pull out litter trays on these 2 hutches too because Rupert is unable to hop properly due to an injury he incurred a year ago (so he just goes to the bathroom wherever is convenient for him at the time), and Bonbon uses her litter so much that I have to clean her litter more often than the other rabbits!

I would try to build the hutches myself but I am far from being a handy man and would not feel comfortable with anything I would build... :nerves1

Anybody with some suggestions, connections, or even hutches for sale that may work, please let me know! Thanks for the help!

We got ours at a feed store when we lived in California--you could use that as a starting point. The guy that made them lives in Manteca, but don't know if he's online or not. I'd just let google do the looking or talk to other slaves in your area.

Latest posts

Back