Yuki/Avery UPDATE! & Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_TOX

Reaction score
OMG!! Guys guess what!! My plan worked! My mother fell in love with the Kit who we've taken on to calling Avery. She knows I would pick Yuki over the Kit if she made me choose so shes letting me keep both!!! Yay!!!:pinkbouce::highfive:.
I made them a new cage. A Nic cage that 3'6" all around. For my one bedroom with three people it is BIG for our place. its pretty much 1/4 of my room! They both now are free roam as much as I can let them be. Which is me and my BF room. I would let them thru the whole apt but I have three cats and I think my boy cat would think them as food. Lol.. But they are loving it! So happy!
The baby is now six weeks old! My god! yet so tiny! Im wondering if t will be bigger then her/his mommy or not. Also Avery is now having Veggies. She loves celery and Cilantro. I have a Question, How can you tell if your buns have gas??? Lately ive been reading threads on here about buns dying from too much Gas or blockage.
Also Im having trouble trying to tell what type of rabbit Avery is. Can you guys give out suggestions on what you think it is?
Lately, I've been snuggling with Yuki more before I go to sleep so I take Slefies with her xD. In some pics mama is not happy xD

FullSizeRender.jpg(2).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg(6).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg(15).jpg

IMG_1719.JPG.jpg

IMG_1665.JPG.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg(11).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg(26).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg(10).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg(27).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg(17).jpg

That's so great you get to keep both! How could anyone not fall in love with both buns, right :) And it's really not much more trouble to keep two as opposed to one.

To answer your questions. Typically when a rabbit has gas pain, it will often stop eating and will start showing signs of pain like shifting positions frequently(laying down and getting right back up repeatedly), sitting hunched in a corner and not wanting to move, or you may even hear teeth grinding if the pain is really bad. You may even hear loud stomach gurgling as well. But usually the first sign is they won't come and eat when they normally would. Not all rabbits will develop digestive problems, but it is good to know the signs to look out for so that if it does happen, you can catch it early and get your bun the needed help. Here's a list of a few things to look out for when a rabbit is unwell.
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/knowing-when-your-rabbit-needs-emergency-treatment.html

As for the baby buns breed, it can be really difficult to identify that type of thing unless there are very obvious breed characteristics that the baby rabbit has, such as lop ears, long fur, etc.

Both rabbits seem to be doing really well and I'm sure they are really enjoying all the space they have with their new cage. I'm so happy they are doing so well and seem to really be bonded with you :)

Latest posts

Back