Bunny bites wires :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilko

Reaction score
I thought Lucky was not a bitter because he hardly bites his chew toys and cardboard, so I let him free roam all around the house when I am home without paying close attention.

I just had a look at the powerpoint that connects the tv and found that he has bit the wire of the power board. Thankfully it still works and that he did not bite the wire of the actual TV as the powerboard can be easily replaced.

I have tried to look for wire protectors on ebay but can't find any. I also heard there are sprays that can be sprayed on wires to prevent bunnies from biting the wire. If anyone can give me direct links to where I can get these things and other ideas to ensure this doesn't happen again, that would be great :)

Wires are always a temptation! I wouldn't trust any sprays. Their effectiveness is iffy and temporary.
Hardware stores have a number of options. I like the clear flexible tubing. It is often sold by the foot. I'll attach a photo or link when I get on my computer. (I'm mobile right now)
You just slit the tube and put the wire inside.

That is a great idea blueeyes! I actually redesigned my whole living space to rabbit proof it (shows my devotion LOL) I like to use the c and c grids to surround larger areas and I wrap my 1 exposed cord in plastic tape. Buns have such an interest in cords, I wonder where that comes from. xD

Thanks for the tip blue eyes, will have a look at the hardware store. Think I might need to redesign the living area somehow because our powerboard is too big to go behind the cabinet, hence its left open.

Back