Why are rabbits the coolest?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffybuns

Reaction score
I know this sounds like a silly question to ask a bunch of rabbit lovers, but what is it that makes them so darn awesome to live with? I can't explain why my heart fills with joys when I come home and my Melvin bun bun binkies around the house and acts like he missed me all day. He sheds like crazy, chews my cords, refuses to come near me when I've been petting dogs or cats, eats my hair when I'm sleeping, nips my hand if I stop petting him even for a second, and he is constantly trying to get in to trouble. But dang it, I can't even imagine a home without a loving bunny to snuggle up with.

Argh! YES! I keep thinking I'm going to simplify things. I have my 2 buns, 2 guinea pigs, dog, snake, and my son's 4 rats. I would like to get a cat.... but not while I have my free range bunnies.

But then I find myself looking at all the available rabbits at the rescues in my state and even neighboring states!!! Yes, I still want a cat, but why do I keep looking at bunnies!?? (even found an adorable trio of bonded males -- oh my, someone stop me!)

Rabbits are the coolest because I feel rabbits and I have a mutually respected weirdness.

Most people don't get me. I get rabbits. Most rabbits are drawn to me, even the ones that aren't total dorks when they see me. Trix and I are probably soul mates, I admit. Trix is the biggest dork when it comes to me, and I am the biggest dork when it comes to her.

Rabbits are the "comfortable silence" type of companion. They aren't needy like dogs, or temperamental like cats. Sure we love those things about dogs and cats, but rabbits are the actual coolest because they just busy themselves with important bunny business that are ALWAYS entertaining to watch, whether it's binkies, ear grooming, flops, or coming up to you for sniffs and nose bonks. They are like having intelligent, fairly independent perma-toddlers. All the cuteness and adorable mischief with none of the screaming, snotty mess, plus bonus fluffiness. :)

Also, they don't smell or make any noise, so they're perfect roomies! Especially for those of us living in apartments.

There is a cuteness factor that can't be beat. Everything about a dog that annoys *and gags* me, a bunny can do and it's cute. Eat poop? No bother LOL it's their own, and it's mostly just fiber (hay and such). Not like a dog that runs around scooping up every other animal's poop they can find. Rabbit's don't smell bad, to me they smell like hay and sunshine. Their breath is sweet, like cilantro.

Flops, binkies, nose wiggles and ear baths. Need I say more?

Even though my rabbits don't show me much affection, there's nothing I enjoy more than sitting with them and just watching them be. I love that they'll just do their own thing while I hang around, if they hear a food package crinkling they start binkying and running around crazy, dead bunny flops all over the place, Felix's incessant grooming of Clementine, and the way they have such unique little personalities. :)

Latest posts

Back