Meet Charlie and Nubsie!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLoveMD

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here! Thought I'd introduce my furbabies. Nubsie is a little three legged mini rex. The person I adopted her from told me that her mother got stressed shortly after giving birth and ended up chewing off Nubsie's back leg and her brother's ears. It hasn't affected her though, she just hops around on her three little feetsies. She was fine like that for 5 years and then she got an infection on her nub leg and I took her in and they further amputated it. She's totally fine with it though and has been very happy for the past 2 years! She's a shy gal, but still gives kisses, begs for treats and loves getting pets and scratches, especially on the side that doesn't have the foot! When she has an itch, she "phantom" scratches at it so I know that I need to scratch there. I also have to occasionally clean out her one ear due to buildup.

Charlie is some kind of bunny mix, he is my trouble maker. He is always looking to get into trouble, jumping on the coffee table, stealing my food, hopping on everything to see what he can find... he's my little puppy bunny. Greets me at the door, asks for pettings, gives endless kisses, and is very vocal! He loves playing with toys and sprinting around the house! He is such a riot and keeps me laughing!

They both are free range, litter box trained and have a puppy sister, Olive, who is a two year old 7 lb mixed breed. She wants very desperately to play with and cuddle with Charlie, but he isn't really about that life! I work in the veterinary field, first as a vet tech and then moved to specialty work and now do veterinary laboratory work. I work in immunology and do tests on pets, farm animals, zoo animals, everything! I love all animals, but bunnies have a special place in my heart!

IMG_7605.jpg

IMG_6950.jpg

fullsizeoutput_c6.jpeg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_4971.jpg

Thanks for sharing pics of your adorable bunnies. I have a 5 year old Mini Rex that is the joy of my life.

Last edited:
Thank you Chamarith! They really are incredible little babies aren't they? Always makes me sad to hear/see bunnies that are just caged up all day and their owners think they are just cage animals that don't do anything.

Thanks for your comment. Although it takes extra work and much loving training I believe it is worth it. When I awake in the morning I am alone in a California king bed that was shared with my wife for many years. I can hear my bunny chewing on one of her toys or "chew toys" trying to get my attention. I start talking to her, and she stands up and looks at me to see if I am watching her. This is just one of many things that cannot happen with a caged bunny. ☻☺

FYI, I am a 74 year old widower with no living family and only 1 true friend. It would not be possible to have a free roaming bunny if I was working. I consider it one of my greatest retirement benefits. haha

Last edited:
I have returned to your pics every day. I could save them, but don't know if that is violating your privacy. Pleas advise.☻☺

Aww, of course you can save them! :) And thanks for sharing! I definitely agree that it is such a benefit to be able to have a free range bunny! They are quite the companion. I am sorry to hear about your loss of family, but I'm glad that you have your little mini rex to keep you company! :rabbithop

Latest posts

Back