What breed is my rabbit? Limp ear?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinketd

Reaction score
My rabbit, Ari, is a 2 1/2 month old doe. The breeders said she was a purebreed lionhead but she looks NOTHING like one. We currently have no idea what she is but we think she might be Californian lop mix. Recently, (about a month ago) one of Ari's ears has flopped to the side but the other is standing up straight. We checked for mites and fleas, infections and etc. Nothing was found. We can't tell if it genetic because we don't trust what we've been told. Recently, I just went to fair with my six year old mini rex buck. He won second place and reserve grand champion. We retired him this year. This is why we got Ari. We want to compete with her. But, unfortunately, we have to know if this is something serious or genetic beforehand. Also, the judge must know what breed she is. Help?

IMG_20170902_130836.jpg

IMG_20170902_130736.jpg

IMG_20170902_130330.jpg

IMG_20170902_130712.jpg

IMG_20170902_130652.jpg

she looks like a lop mix of some sort. Exactly what mix we can't say. But definitely not a lionhead. If she's 2.5 months old, she'll be a big rabbit. I'd be double checking her gender.. if they lied about the mix, they may have erred on the gender as well.

Latest posts

Back