my husband is SO angry!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loppy Earred Mom

Reaction score
Well My Stitch finally got to my cable wire and cut off our internet while I was at work :?

My son let Stitch out to run around and wasn't keeping a real close eyeon her and she chewed thru the cable wire which is the very first timeshe has ever done anything like that! My hubby got home and was NOT ahappy camper he called me and said "well dear we are having rabbit stewfor dinner tonite so dont fill urself at work"

Any suggestions on what I can get to cover the new wire? I was told thetubing thing but my wire goes around a corner do they have the tubestuff that goes around a corner? or are they flexible?

I just got her to leave my carpet alone :(

Marie

Oh great thanks I'll still have the problem with it going around the corner tho.

hmm and what about to the connection to the wall? She is so determined when she has her mind on something.

I was watching her in her cage when she was being punished for this andshe moved her litterbox all around her cage dug into her hay box pulledthe hay out put it in the corner where her litter box goes and peed onit What a brat right? She purposely moved her litterbox so she can peeon her hay in the corner where her litter box is suppose to be!

Marie

If you have any old/spare garden hose you could try splitting that and sticking it over the cable.

Auto parts stores often carry plasticcable/line/wire covers in various diameters and colors. Theyare split for easy installation as well.

Radio Shack sells similar stuff as electrical cable covers, but it'llcost you a dollar per running foot there and seems to be only availablein five foot lengths even though most lamps, appliances, etc. have sixfoot long lines. Need to buy two at Radio Shackthen.

Auto wire covers can often be purchased off rolls to your specifiedlength and may cost in the neighborhood of 50 to 80 cents per runningfoot.

Buns can still chew through the plastic, but one generally hears themdoing so, or sees evidence of their attempt to do so. Thecovers can snug up to the plug and be wrapped with electrical tape tostay in place if that is a concern

Buck

hiya

i no it might sound abit harsh but lucy is doing the same thing

its just an idea but why dont u get a spRAYgun and fill itwith water and every time she goes for the cable shoot her with water

another thing ive found out is

rabbits really dislike

VINIGER

SO EVEN PUT SOME ON THE CABLES

Going around a corner, you can also use something like those, just put one on one side, then another to the other side.

The outlet, they make covers for those you can get in the babydepartments of most stores. They are like a small box thatfits over the outlet or cable outlet, ...... I'll work on how to coverthe cable as it comes down to the floor...... there's got to be a way.

I am preparing to bunnyproof a room myself. We don't leave Boloose without watching him right now. I'd like to have aplace he can play without me having to be right there all the time.....the bathroom is about the only place for that and it's all wood!LOL..... he'd chew that knowing him!

So, do you have a photo of Stitch? I'd love to see her!

You can buy a corner piece or "elbow" of PVC pipe for going around your coners.

HomeDepot PVC Pipe

640716-wc_3.jpg

No unfortunatly I dont have a photo of her untilI get me a new camera and right now its not just affordable atm I gottabuy other peoples presents this time of year (giggles)

You can get flexible cable tubing fromRockler.com, I am going to use it when I build my computerdesk. Also you can use the small size flexible hose that goeswith sump pumps, I think 1 1/4 inch.

Ed

The hose from my pool filter/pool vacuum workswell. It comes in two sizes that I know of, and I've found it in black,gray, and white. I usually have to replace the ones for the poolbecause they tend to get small holes/slits in them after a couple ofyears and stat to leak. It might be hard to locate at this time ofyear, but well worth the effort if it keeps the cable working and thebun outta trouble!!

JimD

I use the wire coverings that are used underneath your car's hood. Let me see if I can find a picture.

All automotive part stores should carry this wirecovering. It works great. Thecoveringencloses the wires and theycome indifferent colors.Mine are all black.

I found that stuff at Lowes Home Improvement justa couple of days ago! Hubby was looking at me oddly as I wassearching through the electrical department. :p

I feel for you Marie! My dog let Mr. Wiggles outof his cage a couple days ago and he found the seam in the carpet andripped it up! I am so thankful that I know how to fix it because we'rein a rental. My husband was flipping out "we're going to have toreplace all the carpet!!!" I need to find one of those metal playpentype things for him because he is NOT trustworthy in the house.

It looks like he's living up to his name ;)

Good Luck

Megan

Yes, they do come in other colors. Atthe home improvement it was black but I think auto stores have morecolors.

Red is perfect for my RED familyroom! :)

Latest posts

Back