Our bunny’s luxury condo (Picture-heavy!!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had the money Id buy one from you!! lol. But Binoo isnt a big climber or jumper so.. xD

Love your bunny luxury condo!!! Wow! Would love to be able to make something like it for my buns! Looks great & seems to be easy to clean & get to the bunnies! Boy, you are fortunate to have a crafty boyfriend to help you too! You both did a fabulous job!

What are the dimensions on this cage? I'm wanting to build 1 like it for a mini Rex baby. This cage is awesome!!!

What are the dimensions on this cage? I'm wanting to build 1 like it for a mini Rex baby. This cage is awesome!!!

Each NIC panel is 14" x 14". It looks like it's 4 panels tall, 2 panels wide, and 2 panels deep, so it's 56" tall and then 28" each way.

Hello! Great job on the rabbit hutch. I was wondering if you just keep then in there or if you have somewhere outide aswell

Hello! Great job on the rabbit hutch. I was wondering if you just keep then in there or if you have somewhere outide aswell

The cage-- as it is-- would be too small for permanent living space. (The post was originally from 3 years ago).

Each level is only about 4 square feet. That provides no real hopping space. The base of a cage should allow a minimum of 3 full hops across. This one does not. It would actually be better if it were laid on its side. That would provide a base of over 8 square feet -- double the current. Even on its side, bunny would still need exercise time outside the cage each day.

Rabbits may enjoy extra vertical space but horizontal space is what counts.

The cage-- as it is-- would be too small for permanent living space. (The post was originally from 3 years ago).

Each level is only about 4 square feet. That provides no real hopping space. The base of a cage should allow a minimum of 3 full hops across. This one does not. It would actually be better if it were laid on its side. That would provide a base of over 8 square feet -- double the current. Even on its side, bunny would still need exercise time outside the cage each day.

Rabbits may enjoy extra vertical space but horizontal space is what counts.

My bunnies will agree to disagree with that...

90% of the times when we open the door and leave it opened (sometimes for hours), they will just stay in the cage. We have to physically remove them from it to have them hop around, and if we close the door to stop them from re-entering the cage, they will just look for ways to open it (with two successful attempts so far XD ). The only moment they will come out of it by themselves is in the morning, and it's never a long outing.

Also, regarding the 3-hops unofficial rule, I *absolutely* do agree it'd be better with a horizontal cage. But then again, they DO run in that cage, up and down and up again. Even faster when I shake a papaya fruit tablets bottle! I've seen Chance get to the top within seconds without having to stop nor looking like he had a hard time doing so. Yes, it was a serious bet we took when we decided to make it tall rather than wide, but from all the years they've lived in it, it does look like it's no big deal to them. Annual vet visits didn't show anything wrong with that "lifestyle" either.

Still, bottom line is that although having had the space, it would have been wide, the bunnies look totally contempt with it (and their forced outings/playtime), so it's probably not completely wrong. ;)

~Molianne

Could you please update your account?! We're using your pictures as a guide for our own cage and now your pictures suddenly can't be viewed!

Latest posts

Back