Mocha's Adventure, lol

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
So here I am this morning, sitting in Mocha's run.He comes up to me, starts climbing on me, I just figured he was tryingto give kisses, but all of the sudden he hops on my shoulder and givesa mighty leap and jumps the rest of the fence on his run:shock:(only about 3 feet tall). So then I spend a whilechasing him around my yard, then he sneaks into my neighbors yardthrough a hole in the fence (we haven't bunny proofed the whole yardyet). Worst of all, there's a cat in the yard too! Iwastrying to hard to jump over a 6' woodenfence, which is noeasy task when you're only 5'5"! Mocha, being as tame and curious as heis, walks right up to the cat, the cat bats at him, and Mocha attacksthe cat. :shock:He scared that cat right off and came runningback to me with a fat chunk of her fur in his mouth. It scared me whenit happened, but it's quite funny now! This world is backwards in somany ways! lol.

Laura

WOW, Laura! :shock:Are yousaying that Mocha bit the cat? I didn't know thatbunnies did that! I thought that their only defense wasrunning.

Well, at least it's comforting to know that he can take care of himself! LOL!

Bunnymommy,

I believe that if Mocha could bark, he probably would! He seems tothink he's a dog, and a lot bigger then he really is! And yes, they forsure can bite, I found that out when, for one, he bit me, and foranother, he and Spice tore at eachother and when I took Mocha out ofthat pen, he had a chunk in his mouth.

What a great story, all of it! I haveheard of rabbits intimidating cats and dogs in the past. Thelatter think they have a pushover, and are quickly put on notice by theformer that, "they have bit off more than they can chew" LOL.

Hooray for Mocha! We have a long handled crab net, with whichwe are sometimes forced to run down our unwilling rabbits after theyhave free ranged all day. You may want to obtain one, just incase there is a repetition of, "Bust Out Bunny!," again.

Buck

lol, my dad and me are going to repair the fenceand all the parts they can get under so that if they get out, theycan't get out of our yard next time. And when we are outside, one ofthem can have run of the whole backyard. Just going to have troublekeeping them out of the garden.

I think I should have named this post "The Great Escape!" lol.

Laura

Our buns free range in our yard regularly,Laura. I laid down chicken wire on top of the groundhorizontally along the inside perimeter of our anchor stylefence. From the ground, it wraps up and connects to thefence, thereby preventing the buns from slipping under the fence and/ordigging at the bottom of the fence. They have not discoveredthat bydigging inside the perimeter of the horizontal chickenwire, and under it and the anchor fence combined, they mightaffect an escape.

I also have a 4'L x 2'Wx 2 1/2'H escape house constructed forthem. It is on the ground, situated very close to the ourhouse. It has two exits/entrances, two vestibules, a loft andall doorways, external and internal, are staggered to preclude winterdroughts and dissuade potential predators from following the buns intothe house.

The first thing all buns do, when afforded the opportunity to freerange, is to check the availability of the safe house, and if the housedoors are not open(I close them at night to prevent other critters fromentering), the buns will "nose" them open, as "smart" buns should do.

Buck

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
So here I am this morning, sitting in Mocha's run. He comesup to me, starts climbing on me, I just figured he was trying to givekisses, but all of the sudden he hops on my shoulder and gives a mightyleap and jumps the rest of the fence on his run :shock: (only about 3feet tall). So then I spend a while chasing him around my yard, then hesneaks into my neighbors yard through a hole in the fence (we haven'tbunny proofed the whole yard yet). Worst of all, there's a cat in theyard too! Iwas trying to hard to jump over a 6'woodenfence, which is no easy task when you're only 5'5"!Mocha, being as tame and curious as he is, walks right up to the cat,the cat bats at him, and Mocha attacks the cat. :shock:Hescared that cat right off and came running back to me with a fat chunkof her fur in his mouth. It scared me when it happened, but it's quitefunny now! This world is backwards in so many ways! lol.

Laura
OMG! Wow! Moacha BIT the cat?!Lily doe not do that.Whoa... *_*

BunnyMommy wrote:
WOW, Laura! :shock:Are you saying thatMocha bit the cat? I didn't know that bunnies didthat! I thought that their only defense wasrunning.

Well, at least it's comforting to know that he can take care of himself! LOL!
Bo took some hair out of Tank when he was coming too close to me onenight on Bo's loveseat. He didn't get skin, and I don't thinkhe would have.

Tank doesn't mess with Bo too much, he will run before Bowould. Bo has chased him up on top of the entertainmentcenter, too. LOL!

Funny thing is, they play now as well :)

Hehehe, my housemates cat by the name of China is TERRIFIED of Guinevere for one big reason...

One afternoon china was looking out our window (which is a slidingdoor) and Guinevere decided to investigate her. With a Tiggerlike pounce, guin was on top of China wanting to play. thecat BOLTED out of the room and hasnt been back since ::laughs::

Oh wow, I was a bit confused when I saw this back up here! lol, I posted this so long ago.

Yes he bit the cat, that's one of those things you can't forget. My silly bunny.

Go, Mocha...Go, Mocha... Hahaha
I know it scared you at the time, but that is sooo funny. I have beenshocked at how unscared (pardon the word) Stanley is of the restof our pets. He early on met the younger cat, and went right up toher...it was the cat who was scared of him.
Then yesterday as we were moving furniture in and out of my daughtersroom, we left the door open and Stanley came out to investigate. He wasso happy, he flipped in the air many times during his investigation ofthe rest of the house. Along the way he met the older cat, who stayedup and away from him, but then he met the dog. We have an old diabeticblind lab who has been looking for this rabbit since we got him. Shecan smell the bunny, and stands outside my dd's bedroom door waitingfor something to happen. So Puddin' is sitting in front of the treeminding her own blind business, when Stanley hops right up to her andstarts smelling her nose. This takes her aback a little, so her head isall squished up into her neck, nose a snufflin'. Stanley hops offs, andmy poor dog spends the rest of the day trying to track him. The youngercat, who has been to Stanleys 'crib' follows Stanley pretty much noseto cottontail but it doesn't bother him at all. He just turns aroundand goes in her direction, and she shoots around like a little cannon.
I had just assumed that Stanley would be afraid of the other animals, but apparently bunnies are brave little souls.

oh, and did you apologize to the neighbor for your big bully bunny beating up their cat? Huh? ROFL:D

Spice is afraid of animals except the neighborsdog. When Spice is in his run, the dog will chase Spice up and down itand Spice knows it. When he sits still, the dog with bark and whine andattack the fence. Spice doesn't even pay attention, just eats andignores the dog. It's cute, Spice teases that dog and sticks his noseright up and isn't afraid. But he's afraid of my sisters GoldenRetriever.

Mocha thinks he's a Great Dane, he loves to play with Maggie (theGolden Retriever) in his run. Maggie is good with Mocha. I used to putapple wood in their runs to chew on and Maggie would pick it up and runaway, Mocha would follow and try to get it back. Mocha's fearless, heclimbs on Maggie, he follows her, he almost gets sat on, lmao.

Latest posts

Back