Doe rabbits and menstrual periods?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elessae

Reaction score
Hi, i know i sound stupid, but i was justwondering if bunnies can get menstrual periods? my doe bunny acts weirdonce a month, and she becomes all weak and limp, and refuses to takeany food or drink. she's currently in that state now. her head rolls upwhen i carry her, and her spine slacks and she's limp. that's a redresidue on her tail, and there's no poo in her cage at all. ijust cleaned her cage this morning before leaving for school. dorabbits get these periods? is it just period pain? someone please help!i feel seriously lost and afraid.

Welcome Elessea,

No, does don't get periods. Is she off her feed? Is her tail alwayswet? Are you sure she didn't catch her foot or cut herself in her cageon a sharp corner?

The lack of water and food and limpness is a concern. Keep her hydratedwith water even if you have to give it to her in a syringe. You mightinvest in some Nutri-Cal so that during these times she's able to stillhave a vitamins, etc. getting into her system.

Do her eyes look okay? Not watery? Is she pooping and peeing okay?

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back